Why are so many JW's smug & phony?

by NoMoreHustle 14 Replies latest forum tech-support

• Ocean1111
    Ocean1111

Very simple:

(1 Bethel 2:21) . . .In fact, to this [course] JWs were called by Bethel, because even the Governing Body suffered for YOU JWs, leaving YOU JWs in the lurch with a model in the meantime for YOU JWs to follow their steps closely to become just like they are: smug, phony, self righteous and apostate.

The Governing Body personality is the master pattern. It has an affect.

• stillin
    stillin

By this you will know them...

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"Smug" has been dealt with above, basically it is "We are saved, you are not".

Phony is more subtle, it comes from the whole JW set-up. Every JW knows they cannot, and do not, live up to the image of the ideal Witness as presented by JW.org/WT, they have to put on a "front" constantly because of this. In other words they are forced to be hypocrites.

JW=Phony.

Sorry, should be JW= Smug and Phony.

• hoser
    hoser

They act that way because they are not allowed to feel accomplished enough with their lives to have decent self respect and self esteem. They have to pretend to be better than just to feel good about themselves.

Under the Jehovah's Witness regime one cannot have hobbies, a fulfilling career or a complete family life. What else is there other than putting down fellow believers to boost their spirits.

• NoMoreHustle
    NoMoreHustle

ZEB: I know of a situation like that too. A sister in the hall has a mentally slow person in family that goes to meetings with them. The people there treat her like she has the plague or something. They will talk to her or gesture to her from a far, she is treated like an outcast.

The only couple of times I saw some sort of friendliness with this girl, it was so akward like a politician doing a phot op with someone. PHONY!

I always thought that is not love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit