Why are so many JW's smug & phony?

by NoMoreHustle 14 Replies latest forum tech-support

• NoMoreHustle
    NoMoreHustle

In my 20 years of being in this cult I was always struck at how alot of ones in my immediate hall never really talked to me or tried to get to know me. I know it is a two way street & i always tried to rbe nice & polite to everyone. I am shy person but I went beyond what I was comfortable with in trying to be LIKEABLE!

Alot of the friends are very smug & could care less if you are there. It drives me nuts that they think they are so important in there little CLICK.

I just wanna scream "YOU ARE DOING NOTHING OF ANY SIGNIFICANCE, GET A LIFE PEOPLE!

Just a little rant. Thanx

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I used to pray for a single acquaintance or friend. My parents were isolated. They were prob. protecting me. I read of picnics, softball games here and I would have loved the fellowship.

• steve2
    steve2

The problem of cliques in congregations is decades old and reflects the inherent mismatch between what a group professes and what it practices. It's a lack of ability or willingness to empathize - and, tellingly, indicates a tendency to get caught up in one's own circle to the exclusion of pra tically all else. It is nice to know the JWs are as prone to this kind of behaviour as any other group.

• prologos
    prologos

If you took the organisation out of this group of people they might become normal humans, but even at that it's is about setting up a new pecking order.

think of the apostle's story, fighting over the first place after getting out from the Pharisee's grip.

The naive will not inherit the earth, yet.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

If you stay close to the "spiritual" people, in other words "popular" ones you have your ticket stamped for paradise. Plus its impossible to be as good as they say you should be and by treating people as inferior they can feel superior and thus more holy. Twits.

• Spectre
    Spectre

They are worried that someone they might be friends with will get themselved disfellowshipped. So therefore, why bother making new friends?

• zeb
    zeb

The worst example of this sticky-clique thing was when I saw a visting family who had a little handicapped boy. He took out a tiny toy car from his pocket to show a teen age sister. The look of contempt on her face and the way she brushed him off was so hurtful and revealed a lot about her raising 'in' and her 'heart condition' to use a fav wt line.

• designs
    designs

From the time you a little being told you have The Truth and all others on this planet somehow have 'it' all wrong makes you pretty smug isolated and screwed up.

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

In my 20 years of being in this cult I was always struck at how alot of ones in my immediate hall never really talked to me or tried to get to know me. I know it is a two way street & i always tried to rbe nice & polite to everyone. I am shy person but I went beyond what I was comfortable with in trying to be LIKEABLE!

Alot of the friends are very smug & could care less if you are there. It drives me nuts that they think they are so important in there little CLICK.

I just wanna scream "YOU ARE DOING NOTHING OF ANY SIGNIFICANCE, GET A LIFE PEOPLE!

Just a little rant. Thanx" Author of thread

"They are worried that someone they might be friends with will get themselved disfellowshipped. So therefore, why bother making new friends?" Good Post

I thought that was used for people trying to get reinstated, how many elders use to say "Why is he trying to get reinstated, he's just going to get kicked out once he's back in!"

Don't we have a rich heritage of Pharisees and back-bitters pumping us full of BS? The Watchtower and it's followers have nothing to do with Jesus Christ, I wish the members who are agnostic and atheists would at least admit what Gandi said "I love your Jesus, it's your Christians I hate". Same thing with the Watchtower, they don't practice the love they preach, too many hypocrites pretending to be part of a New World Order.

My mother told me the same thing happened to her when her mother told her about a great religion called the Bible Students. The first three months nobody talked to her, she stopped attending in 1954 until some assholes showed up to the house and invited her to another Kingdom Hall. She was a little less shunned with the new Kingdom Hall, how come she did not go with her gut feelings and leave this Cult. When we moved, the same thing happend (fourth Kingdom Hall 1974), the Witnesses were not friendly this time it only took them two months to introduce themselves to her, I can't imagine going to a Meeting for two months and listening to them preach about "Love and Brotherhood" while they ignore people who walk in to listen to their message.

Nothing has changed, this is one of the biggest complaints about not only JWs but other Churches, people are not as friendly as the Watchtower make's them out to be. The lies told, they must have known their meetings were filled with members who had no love for each other, I wish my Mom had gotten the message early on that this group is not filled with good people as claimed by the Watchtower.

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

There is a tendency towards arrogance amongst many JW's, particularly those who are regarded as being A-list.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit