To My JW Brothers and Sisters

by Hold Me-Thrill Me 23 Replies latest jw friends

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

And another thing, LOL. Other religions have been praising Jesus and

giving him his due, nothing new. Now all of a sudden a JC Convention about JC, well

it's about time. Please don't invite folks and tell them our convention will be

about JC this year, for the last 130 years we have been talking about the End is

around the corner..

• zeb
    zeb
    Make your views known you say and be branded a "murmurer", "running ahead" an "aposate'. There is an absence of humility in the bethel/gb.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

"the Governing Body has lost its way by promoting themselves over and above all the anointed" - as well as the holy spirit & Christ himself by declaring that they alone (the G.B.) are God's direct channel of communication on earth!

How can anyone look to and trust a bunch of money-grabbing liars, for spiritual direction? It's unbelievable!

J.W.'s are told exactly what Catholics were always told by their clergy - you can't get a clear understanding of the Bible without our help!

And J.W.'s in turn repeat this to non-J.W.'s.

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

Frank,

Do you still go out in field service? I'm in a similar situation. I feel that the organization is now a part of Babylon the Great. The JW.ORG pins that everyone wears and that is emblazoned on kingdom halls is idolatry. I'd leave tomorrow if it wasn't for my and my spouse's large family. I want to fade, but even that will result in some form of shunning from our family. Going to the meetings and assemblies to keep up appearances doesn't bother me, but field service does. I'm in a sign language congregation and neither I nor my wife are deaf or hard of hearing, so the pressure to put in a certain amount of time is greater since being in a foreign language congregation is a "privilege". I've already been taken aside for low hours even though I was going through depression and had just bought a house that needed a lot of work. (This actually helped to wake me up as to what was important in this org: it's a show of faith and not your actual faith that's important.)

How do you reconcile possibly pulling someone else in to the org in its current state? Even being out in service is giving tacit agreement to other peoples RVs and studies.

We're new to this area and the only friends we have are in this congregation, so moving to an English congregation would be a big change. My wife has not yet come around to seeing the org as I now see it. I've been slowly exposing her to the issues with doctrinal changes and deceptions. If she comes around, then I plan to move back to an English congregations and cut way back on my participation in everything JW, but until then I'm struggling with keeping up appearances and how I really feel.

tim3l0rd

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit