To My JW Brothers and Sisters

by Hold Me-Thrill Me 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

To all Brothers and Sisters reading this site: "And I Love You So" (remember the Don McLean song?)...is the feeling most of us had with regard to the Watchtower and the brothers leading it. But truly, who did we get baptized for? Was it not for Jehovah and his son? The Bible gives evidence that at no time was there a people who were consistently faithful to Jehovah. This is man. We go the wrong way many times.

The ancient Jewish nation, though at times faithful, were not always so. The early Christian congregations, though at times faithful, were not always so. Does it make sense then that today it should be different? No, it does not. Men can, and will, make mistakes and go the wrong way.

The Governing Body has lost its way. Those of us over 50 can see it, those of us over 60 can taste it! We must make our views known otherwise we will be silent participants in what is going on.

Your brother, Frank.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Frank the issue I have is not so much human imperfection and mistakes been made. The issue I have is one of accountability, openness and transparency. Which I believe Wt displays none of it. This has always been and will always be the case.
  • Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

I agree Joe. At times the sadness is overwhelming. The fact that I trusted men who were pretenders or as Ray Franz wrote, followers of followers, at times gets to me.

I think that's why I continue posting here. Just to get some of that disappointment and sadness out of me.

Appreciate your input,

Frank

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

The Governing Body has lost its way.

They were never in the right way.

The governing body has always taught Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 BC

They have always taught there was two exiles, one in 617 BC (See insight book under Daniel)

Another in 607 BC and after that Jerusalem was desolated for 70 years and the 2520 began to count that ended in 1914

But the bible says that there was another exile 5 years after 607 BC ------or 602 BC

So there was no 70 year desolation, no 1914, no appointment of the Faithful and discreet slave. They are just a puny religious cult that is less than 1% of the world population. Less of 1% of a dollar is not even a penny. So no one cares.

So the whole premise that God is using the WT to direct his people is wrong. If anything and if you believe in the Bible, it is part of Babylon the Great Harlot. And the Bible says GET OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE”

(Jeremiah 52:28-30) . . .These are the people whom Neb·u·chad·rez′zar took into exile:

in the seventh year, three thousand and twenty-three Jews.

29 In the eighteenth year of Neb·u·chad·rez′zar, from Jerusalem there were eight hundred and thirty-two souls.

30 In the twenty-third year of Neb·u·chad·rez′zar, Neb·u′zar·ad′an the chief of the bodyguard took Jews into exile, seven hundred and forty-five souls.. . .

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Hi John Aquila,

I have found it interesting that John Aquila Brown thought 1917 a significant year. From JWFacts:

In 1823, John Aquila Brown published in The Even-Tide that the "seven times" of Daniel 4 were prophetic of 2,520 years, running from the beginning of Nebuchadnezzar's reign in 604 B.C. to 1917 A.D. He did not equate this to the end of the Gentile Times.

1917 was the year that the Balfour Declaration was signed which for the first time since the end of David's Kingdom in 604 B.C., the world power of the day, Britain, called for the establishment of a Jewish state.

Small stuff maybe but interesting to anyone who finds it interesting.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Hold me, how has the GB lost it's way?

What are their main responsibilities? To feed the sheep, and the preaching work. Are they not doing these?

We have a banquet of spiritual food: JW.org, literature, meetings, etc.

The preaching work is being done worldwide in hundreds of different languages.

I'm not all that interested in what the GB are doing. I'm not responsible for them.

I'm focused on enduring faithfully to the end and living in the Kingdom.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

A Watcher, the Governing Body has lost its way by promoting themselves over and above all the anointed.

Fred Franz and Nathan Knorr put themselves within a group; the anointed. But not the present Governing Body. No, they are the All upon which all things organizational hangs. What kind of personality believes such a thing?

Not a humble one.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

a watcher: We have a banquet of spiritual food

I agree the GB provide an "abundance" of literature: books, magazines, web-content and now cartoons and video broadcasts.

There problem is: It's all full of lies, deceptions, half-truths, no-truth, greedy, manipulative, controlling trash.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Hold me, I don't have a problem with the GB being the FDS. If they want that heavy responsibility, they can have it.

"...the one who is put in charge of much will have more than usual demanded of him." (Luke 12:48)

If I had been one of the anointed when the GB became the FDS, I would have said: THANK YOU! I would have been happy to be freed from the expectations and demands that are placed on the FDS. Enough are placed on the anointed as it is.

I would have been freed to work quietly and anonymously in my local congregations, helping the other sheep to make it into the Kingdom.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

a watcher:Their responsibilities "feed the sheep, and the preaching work".

What spiritual food are you receiving? The spiritual food you are receiving is rotten

to the core. Don't understand,"I'm not responsible for them. I'm focused on enduring

faithfully to the end and living in the kingdom. A rotten tree can not produce good fruit,

explain.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit