jw logo vs people who wear a cross. IDOL WORSHIP IS STILL IDOL WORSHIP

by goingthruthemotions 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

last week out in service i saw an elder wearing a jw.org pin. and thought.....hmmm isn't this idol worship?

what a double standard.....it's ok to promote the BORG with a pin...but not ok to promote Jesus by wearing a

cross?

the GB is the new Golden Calf.

Shalom

GTTM

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I made this point many years ago in the context of Watchtower lapel pins. It was a fad some 15 years ago in my area. One of those Witness field service supply companies was selling them.

One long-time MS took it upon himself to buy a pile and distribute them only amonng elders and COs. There was a crowd gathered at the hall patting themselves on the back about it and I bluntly asked them what he difference was between those lapel pins and a wearing a necklace with a cross. One of them got red in the face he was so angry at me, but he held it back.

• Oubliette
  • Oubliette
  • sir82
    sir82

"Read God's Word the Holy Bible JW.ORG Daily"

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Every time I see someone wearing a cross I think about Jesus and the person is a Christian.

Wearing a logo JW.org is only recognized by JW or exjws. The majority of people it looks like a business logo that

no one would care to look up. UNknown.

• Oubliette
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

" .....he is not pleased if we praise or worship images, pictures, idols, icons, statues or .........symbols"

Indeed Oub, not just a bit of irony, this is downright hypocritical.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

I remember the days that having a poster of a band or famous person was called idolatry.

• sir82
    sir82

Every argument that a JW could use to propound that "wearing a JW.org pin is NOT idolatry!" could equally be used by a Catholic regarding wearing a cross.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit