Publisher Statistics

by lurkernomore 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

I was watching a couple videos on YouTube earlier and always like to peruse the comments at the bottom of the page.

I'm no sure if this has been discussed recently, but one indivdual made the claim that the Societies numbers are massively over inflated, as he/she believes that they include inactive, df'd and da'd in their figures.

Does anyone have any information to confirm this or i this just another assumption made without evidence?

(Also has anyone heard from witnessmyfury lately? I had a PM chat with him a few days ago but not had a reply to my latest msgs. Also not seen him post since)

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

The numbers definitely do NOT include the groups you mention; the number of publishers is the number of those who report their hours, and inactive ones and df'ed ones - how could they do that? The hours etc reported by each and every one is another question, but the NUMBER of those reporting is definitely correct.

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

Well they still have the information for most inactive, df'd and da'd on the books i guess, so it would'nt be a problem to add them to the active figures!

Also from what i've already read on here 'A LOT' of people have falsified their hours (especially the pioneers) so i don't have any faith in those figures being correct.

• KateWild
    KateWild

falsified their hours (especially the pioneers) so i don't have any faith in those figures being correct.-Lurkie

This is a big point, we know all JWs inflate their hours, coount time for coffee breaks and such. Apostates lie so they won't get DF'd, the whole thing is a farce, it's a cult and that's why you can't trust any publisher stats. What you have to think about is the motive for such stats. Why does WT publish stats?

It's to make JWs work harder for the publishing company, to motivate it's members to do more for WT and gain nothing in return. It's a way to motivate JWs to feel good about their dedication to WT.

Kate xx

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

Not only that, but because they obviously 'DON'T BRAG IN NUMBERS', growth or an increase in a lot of stats is definitely a sign that the end is so so close, even if the vast majority of growth comes from born in JW's.

• KateWild
    KateWild

even if the vast majority of growth comes from born in JW's.-lurkie

Some of these stats are fabricated and unrealistic, there are plenty of teen baptisms, these teens lead double lives and then leave. The motive for publishing numbers reamin the same as always, guilting JWs to do more, more, more, preaching, meetings, study, prayer. It's a way to keep members busy so they can't do anything productive with their lives, but the younger generations are just leaving due to the internet.

I would love to know the ratio of......................... baptism : leaving

These numbers will not be published, it will not acieve what WT wants. Control of information.

Kate xx

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

I belive there was a mention of rough numbers just a couple days ago. The Watchtower referred to something like 2.5 million Baptisms over x amount of years, those years were then cross referenced with actual increase in publishers over the same time period and it was only something like 1.5 million. So near to 40% equivalent of those who come in leave again, if were just talking pure stats.

• KateWild
    KateWild

If a publisher stops reporting it's only after 6 months are they considered inactive, so the stats are misleading. Once I had left I went back after a few months only for a few weeks though. This is what can be termed as yoyo publishers. I am Df'd anyway so I wouldn't have been counted as a publisher, but my attendance would have been counted.

There is no real way to find out how many have left, but we can see just from JWN the newbies posting there is a high volume of those leaving.

Kate xx

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

I was told by an elder that people are counted in the total numbers, unless they officially disassociate. Also, he said that unbaptized minor children are also included.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

So the myriad of faders is included along with baby doorbell-ringers. It's the only way they could be as large as they claim.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit