There will never, never be Peace and Security here on Earth.

by jam 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

Sounds like you need a visit from a JW!

Have you ever heard of this book, What Does the Bible Really Teach? Would you like to see yourself in a picture like this? (Points to page)

• jam
    jam

thedepressedsoul: Please, please not that. A visit from a JW would

send me over the edge....

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

" It worries me that as scientific progress continues more and more nations will get access to nuclear weapons. It's true the world is better than in past centuries but in most of those we didn't have the ability to wipe out that same world." -Layka

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_Clock

• Patrick45
    Patrick45

jam, this is not so wrong. The fact that Jesus will have to rule with a iron shepther and after the millenium there will be a big Gog-Magog war. Salvation here on earth is an illusion. Read Rev. 21 last verses. Even during the millenium the goal will be to enter New Jerusalem. Place of salvation (rev 22:14). Outside nothing good finds perpetual blessings. (v.15)

• jgnat
    jgnat

The doomsday clock has run backwards. And the scientists have had to broaden their mandate to climate change since 2007, nuclear destruction not having the same punch it used to have.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/01/15/end-near-doomsday-clock-holds-at-5-til-midnight/

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

Aw common Jam, where's your 100 year birthday spirit, I mean anniversary spirit!?!

(Cause apparently it's ok to celibrate an anniversary because it's a arrangment from god, I guess peoples birth was not an arrangment from god...)

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

We are living in the most peaceful, least violent, most equitable, tolerant and prosperous time in all of human history.

I've made this point countless times, even to JWs when they try to start the "World is bad" argument. There simply has never been a better time to be alive. Almost everything is better, from healthcare to transportation; from communcations to technology; from nutrition to

availability of food. This is paradise (or at least as close as it can get), and in 100 years it will likely be even better.

There is one thing that we have going against us - the amount of people on the planet. Almost everybody negative has to do with overpopulation one way or another. Social inequality/exclusion and crime, poverty, hunger, polution, stress.

I hope that somehow we can solve the problem of population levels, because it's the one thing IMO that threatens mankind today. Prosperity can be a two-edge sword, and some of the miserable living conditions that afflicted early man, also contributed to keep population levels under control.

• jgnat
    jgnat

An ex-JW made that point to me recently, redvip. Here's a picture at a local park.

Hawrelak

• jgnat
    jgnat

I have good news about population, redvip. World population is going to top out in about fifteen years.

http://www.gapminder.org/videos/dont-panic-the-facts-about-population/#.U-0T5fldV8E

(Warning - one hour long video)

• prologos
    prologos

redvip2000 A smaller population was not a more peaceful one. Individuals experienced perhaps more violence in the wilds of Eurasia, the Americas, the archipelogos, cannibalism, inter-tribal warfare.

The abundance we have now is astonishing.

what worries me is the agressivness of shifting poulations, displacing the givers, the established builders, with the takers that failed to build better societies for themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit