Achan teaches us stealing is wrong, but wanton genocide A-ok?

by BU2B 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

Nowadays, garments are generally factory-made, hence, cheap. Not then.

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

I thought the same thing when I saw the video clip of Achan at the convention. They didn't mention how he was killed for that action even after he confessed. For those unfamiliar with the Bible story they would have thought he learned his lesson and everything was ok. Nope.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

It would suck if you had to give a talk on that last night... šŸ˜•šŸ˜•

šŸ˜¬:-(

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I always thought it was strange with Achan that he stole garments - it seems like kleptomania.

You don't understand: it was a really nice shirt.

• toweragent
    toweragent

I had to give this talk last night...

As I was putting it together, I thought about cancelling or telling the school overseer I was sick. But I already "get sick" for parts I cannot stomach, so I figured I'd save it for a better occasion. (Like the 1914 part coming up that I'm scheduled for!)

It was strange though, I also wondered. Why did God let them go into battle without warning them? Kind of a jerk move.

I read the account over and was so stunned at the passage where it says man, woman, and child died by the sword. How sickening. I can't believe I used to unquestioningly believe this! So I watered down the account as much as I could and bypassed all the absurdity.

For instance:

"They ā€œcapturedā€ the city."

"Achan was ā€œfound outā€ and ā€œdealt with.ā€

I mostly focused on not doing bad things in private that can hurt others. Itā€™s not cool. Think of others before you do something stupid.

I donā€™t knowā€¦ maybe I should have focused on the innocent murders of Jericho and his family getting brutally stoned. That way, somebody would hopefully notice the ridiculousness and ā€œwake upā€.

Funny thing is, I was told it was the best #3 Iā€™ve ever given by the Service Overseer and the COBE. Ha!

• This is my tigersuit
    This is my tigersuit

prime example of why i hate the babble these days. well done BU2B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit