The Governing Body Need To Get Their Head Out From In Between Their Derrière And Start Reading What Apostate Sites Are Actually Saying

by frankiespeakin 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

I understand your point, but what motivation do you think they would have to pay attention to anyone else's opinion. THEY are the channel, God's channel. They are the analog signal in a world where everyone else has gone digital. They have the rabbit ears when everyone else is hooked to cable. They live the life of the silent screen star who says, "Talkies will never last!" They live in a glorious, remarkable, make-believe world where their opinions are the only ones that matter and people laud them for it. Why on earth would they ever change? They don't care if they lose people. There will always be someone susceptible enough to the propaganda that there will always be money pouring in the coffers. If THAT were to ever change, then they might listen to someone else, mainly their accountants.

SOP

• jgnat
    jgnat

I don't want to help them lead a kinder, gentler, more profitable organization. I want them to kill the organization by stupidity. They definitely should not be listening to peons, either within or without the organization.

• Paris
    Paris

I don't think they care what they're saying. If all the R&F leave, they'll be left with enough money to buy their own country if they want to. They exude that sense of entitlement that only the wealthy possess. The Shakers are a defunct religion that made a few hangers-on very wealthy.

LOL You got that right !! WHO owns all that money ? Who is in the "Corporation" ? Who has signing and ownership ? Not the poor slobs paying for it all. They sold the New York City buildings for $345 million , divided by seven Governing Body Members, that is about $50,000,000 ( 50 million US dollars each ) And that is the tip of iceberg in worldwide real estate holdings which can be liquidated fast. No complicated "Charities" that they run, no schools or hospitals or slum missions or housing for the poor, no paid employees to worry about, no pension funds, nothing but pure profit.

Who has legal signing rights on the money ? Access to the cash ? The Societies assests and cash are owned by Shareholders of the Corporation.

The number of voting shareholders of the WT Corporation is limited to between 300 and 500 male Jehovah's Witnesses according to google search under WBTS of Pennsylvania. Note: ALL men, no women. You have to know that these puppets of the "voting shareholders " cannot just write themselves a check. ? Or can they ? But they are listed as SHAREHOLDERS in a Corporation, does this mean they hold actual shares ? Do they get dividends on the many investments ? Shares based on real estate and cash and stock market holdings ? They therefore "Own" the society ? This is mindboggling.

IF they actually hold shares on paper, that is traceable through the freedom of information act and the rules of the Securities and Exchange commision. There has to be a dollar worth assigned to the share. Its an oligarchy of shareholders.

• Paris
    Paris

OMG WE know too much, were all going to be killed, run for your lives.

• flipper
    flipper

FRANKIE- You and I both know that the GB is too arrogant to ever get their head out of their own a$$. They see stars in between the lining of their own intestines because the so-called " spiritual food " they digest is full of self proclaimed self importance

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

jgnat - "I don't want to help them lead a kinder, gentler, more profitable organization. I want them to kill the organization by stupidity. They definitely should not be listening to peons, either within or without the organization."

Gosh, lady; don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

(BTW, I think you might get your wish.)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

frankiespeakin - "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wishful_thinking: 'the fantasy cycle' ... a pattern that recurs in personal lives, in politics, in history – and in storytelling. When we embark on a course of action which is unconsciously driven by wishful thinking, all may seem to go well for a time, in what may be called the 'dream stage'. But because this make-believe can never be reconciled with reality, it leads to a 'frustration stage' as things start to go wrong, prompting a more determined effort to keep the fantasy in being. As reality presses in, it leads to a 'nightmare stage' as everything goes wrong, culminating in an 'explosion into reality', when the fantasy finally falls apart."

I remember reading that a few years ago, early into my fade.

My fist thought (due to the things I'd seen and heard) was that the WTS was late in the "frustration stage", and entering the "nightmare" stage.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

Where do you think the Brighter Lights come from...web-sites...why are there so many changes, because so called apostates bring up certain scriptures from the bible that don't line up. You see back in the day, the public was at a disadvantage, so the witnesses could dance all over the publics head with their doctrine & who could debate them. But now, folks are reading the bible for themselves & so the org. can no longer back up some of their stuff...Remember July 2015, the new break-down...now JW.ORG...warned not to go on the internet...dangerous...now look. In NYC, they would complain about other religions being in the subway stations spouting the bible...now the org. has carts. I'm waiting for them to say Mike ain't Jesus....because we all know what Heb. 1 ** says, to what Angel did Jehovah say, Today you are my son...if you notice, they don't say that too much. There are too many rebuttals in the bible that don't point to Jesus being Mike, but sometimes folks are so smart, they shoot themselves in the foot. To explain how they came up with Mike as Jesus, only an intelligent person of the bible could discern that...oh really ?

They were once the smartest ones in the room, not anymore...Just imagine folks that go to JW.org...& see certain things then try to line it up with the scriptures, I think they bit off more than they can chew. The web-site has left them open for opinions...

Most of the GB's know TTATT, but why leave their cozy positions...

We all want the GB's to get their heads out of the sand, but it's really us wanting them to change, but it's us that just have to leave or change. If they did change would anyone stay or come back...it's us that have to take our heads out of their tails.

Legacy

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Paris thanks for the info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watch_Tower_Bible_and_Tract_Society_of_Pennsylvania

The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania is a non-stock, not-for-profit organization [1] headquartered in the New York City, New York borough of Brooklyn. It is the main legal entity used worldwide by Jehovah's Witnesses to direct, administer and develop doctrines for the religion and is often referred to by members of the religion simply as "the Society". It is the parent organization of a number of Watch Tower subsidiaries, including the Watchtower Society of New York and International Bible Students Association. [2] The number of voting shareholders of the corporation is limited to between 300 and 500 "mature, active and faithful" male Jehovah's Witnesses. [3] About 5800 Jehovah's Witnesses provide voluntary unpaid labour, as members of a religious order, in three large Watch Tower Society facilities in New York; [4] nearly 15,000 other members of the order work at the Watch Tower Society's other facilities worldwide. [4] [5] [6]

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

The leaders (both corporate and religious) of the Watchtower are no different than the management and boards of big corporations like Exxon, BP, Monsanto, Shell, General Dynamics and others. They all are fully aware, both internally and via news and editorials, that their products are killing people, damaging the environment, changing the weather, and poisoning our food sources. They don't care. All they care about is their profit line and how many more millions and billions they can accumulate.

When the economy crashed in the USA in 2008 and nearly brought down the rest of the world with it, the only changes they made were to accommodate the government so that they could get huge influxes of government money to bail them out and save their companies. After it is all over do you realize that the corporate managers of all those banks and insurance companies are richer than ever? That even the Madoff family is still very, very rich?

So goes the Governing Body and the Pennsylvania and New York Watchtower corporations. They are still getting a constant flow of cash, even though they do not produce one single worthwhile product or service. They are a "charitable organization" that has no charities, provides no tangible services to their communities or society as a whole. They use the money to keep their corporate managers and Bethel volunteers on the job. In the background they are investing the funds in more real estate, hedge funds and sub-corps.

One of my contacts with close ties to WT HQ (whom I have quoted a few times here on JWN) knows that everytime a new policy or decision or a tweak of a doctrinal teaching occurs, there is a lot of "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" going on at the highest levels. It's the same as the top of the Mormon and Scientology corporations - they know what is going on, they are not nearly as stupid as they sometimes seem. Translate a whole new Bible from a few thin sheets of copper stamped on both sides by sticking your head in a hat with a few river stones in it behind a bed sheet? And do it all in Elizabethan English? Write science fiction stories and religious dogma at the same time while drinking yourself blitzo every night? Is that the way God reveals himself to man? Or is it just a way to create a con to suck in thousands of well-meaning wanna be doogooders? The leaders of the Watchtower are fully aware that they are promoting a con - and they don't care and will never care until governments finally take away their "freedom of religion" and "tax-free charitable organization" dodges. Oh yeah, Jehovah talks to each of the Governing Body members while they are praying in their closets - but messes with their heads by giving them all different takes on the same subject. He's jerking their chain - that's why every vote the GB takes is not unanimous or even has a passing majority.

It's a scam folks. And you can't reason with scammers. That's their skill - they can reason with you and get you to change your mind, but they know exactly what they are doing and why and never once lose any sleep over it.

JV

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit