I was a publisher of falsehoods

by scotoma 11 Replies latest jw friends

• scotoma
    scotoma

The biggest regret I have about association with JW's is that they used me to publish their lies.

Yeah. A publisher. Think about the responsibility of a "publisher".

A publisher takes pride in bringing "truth" to the public. No publisher wants to be a propagandist.

People leave good jobs working for publications that ask them to publish something that is wrong.

The Watchtower calls its lackeys "publishers". So they publicize falsehoods.

To this day I feel deeply ashamed of having been used to tell people that the New World would be in full swing in the 1970's.

I sacrificed a college education. A career of choice. A life rich with options. What a noble occupation.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

That's what bothers me.

I was a very successful pioneer.

I remember using Mt. 24:34.

I also remember reasoning with people: How did they know in 1942 that the League of Nations would be revived?

Never knew that this was a rehash of the previous interpretation in the Enemies book, and that the UN was essentially started in 1940.

No internet, so they could get away with such "prophecy."

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I know what you mean. I hope I didn't help bring anybody into the religion (probably not, since I wasn't very zealous). But you know what? You've paid for your mistakes, as we all have. You didn't hurt those people anywhere near as much as the Society hurt you. So I don't think you should feel guilt. You served your time.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

I served my time.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I was too. I told people lies for some 30 years. Yet we thought we were being honest and truthful.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Shared the scripture in proverbs the one about not making god out to be a liar with a couple of my elders and mentioned the WT of 1984 this generation will not pass. They said we don't do that anymore what a croch.

• clarity
    clarity

Imagine ... religious leaders who would send

its precious workers d2d with a pack of LIES!

Then they say, god just changed his holy words ...

oh well.... ok start saying this, now! New lite!

Rinse & repeat!

Omg I feel like such a patsie

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

So what does that say about those that continue to go D2D after they are 100% sure it's all a great big pile of wrong?

Personally, I couldn't bring myself to go D2D once I knew TTATT.

It felt like I was there under false pretenses.

• smiddy
    smiddy

The majority of us were at one time and that is why we are here on this site today.

smiddy

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Don't feel any guilt about it Sctoma, we were sincere and we were duped.

The ones who should feel guilty are the JW's who continued after we stopped. They admit they were teaching falsehoods whan we did, by dropping those teachings for "New Light", and then they proceeded to teach the N.L as truth, and then more N.L changed those teachings, and so on.

They will tell you the present teachings are the truth, but when it changes again, today's bilge will not be truth, and therefore must be falsehood.

Jehovah's Witnesses, JW.Org = Consistent Publishers of Falsehood

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit