Aug 1/87 WT p 32 - WT Index 1930-1985 has indexed EVERY publication

by berrygerry 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• processor
    processor

The 1930-1985 Index on the 2013 WTLIB definitely has references to "li" which is the "Life Everlasting" book from 1966

Sorry, can you provide an example?

For example, if I type in "Victim twisted on cross" there is 1 result, which is what I was looking for, the Aug 15, 1987 WT.

The 1930-1985 (!) Index has definitely no reference to the 1987 WT. You are looking in the 1986-2013 Index.

See example here:

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Interesting quote on the back page.

"This new book has indexed every publication produced by the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society since 1930."

(Also on the CD WT Library)

Funny then that the Life Everlasting book (1966) never made it in.

OBVIOUSLY, it was talking about the hardcopy Index - that big, heavy, doorstop of a book.

Over the years, the WT CD-ROM has weeded out, albeit in patchy fashion, older publications and some references to them.

Don't throw out your doorstop Index 1930-85. Hubby was donating ours to the KH ('we don't need it with having the CD-ROM') but I made him bring it back. It has references in there the CD-ROM does not have.

• processor
    processor

The "Life Everlasting book (1966)" is in the 1930-85 Index. In the printed version as well as in the WTLIB version.

It is NOT, of course, in the "1986-20xx Index" editions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit