Aug 1/87 WT p 32 - WT Index 1930-1985 has indexed EVERY publication

by berrygerry 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Interesting quote on the back page.

"This new book has indexed every publication produced by the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society since 1930."

(Also on the CD WT Library)

Funny then that the Life Everlasting book (1966) never made it in.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

I wonder why? Does it have incriminating evidence? I think I've got that book-what color is it?

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

It's red.

There are a number of threads on here about it.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Thanks, bg. I'll check tomorrow as I'm almost certain I've got it.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

There are two noteworthy things about this book.

It, and the Impossible to Lie book, were the only ones so important that a pocket deluxe edition was made (I have them).

Second, in the famous chart on page 35, the last entry in the Chart of Significant Dates is:
    1975 End of 6th 1,000-year day of man's existence (in early autumn).

Right above this entry is:
    1966 Book Life Everlasting-in Freedom of the Sons of God to be released Saturday, June 25, 1966.

A book so important that it itself is in the Chart of Significant Dates of mankind's history doesn't even a few years later make it into the WT index.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

The SANITIZED index. They were hoping JWs would get rid of those pesky white yearly indexes full of old light and bo boos.

• processor
    processor

Funny then that the Life Everlasting book (1966) never made it in.

???

The 1930-1985 Index on the 2013 WTLIB definitely has references to "li" which is the "Life Everlasting" book from 1966.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

The 1930-1985 Index on the 2013 WTLIB definitely has references to "li" which is the "Life Everlasting" book from 1966

Sorry, can you provide an example?

For example, if I type in "Victim twisted on cross" there is 1 result, which is what I was looking for, the Aug 15, 1987 WT.

Now, if I type in "How appropriate it would be for Jehovah God" which is par. 43, page 30 of the Life Everlasting book, it doesn't show up.

• Caminante
    Caminante

berrygerry: The "1930-1985 Index" has references to the "Life Everlasting" book under the keywords that reference it in the printed index, but the book itself is not included in "Watchtower Library", because the CD-ROM contains only publications released from 1970 onward.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The Life Everlasting book has the infamous sentence about it being "no surprise......" if 1975 ushered in the 1,000 year reighn of Christ.

People wrecked their lives because of this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit