Did the organization admit declining growth and stagnation in today's watchtower?

by kneehighmiah 27 Replies latest jw friends

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Did anyone catch this quote?

"Over seven and a half million Witnesses of Jehovah really have found him and they truly love him."

Why are they no longer touting "nearly 8 million" witnesses? I found this strange, but maybe it's nothing.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Great catch!!! (Page 13, Paragraph 5 of the June 15, 2014 WT)

Normally "nearly 8 million" is used. Perhaps the numbers are under pressure.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I think it was simply because this was June 15th WT. This was written MONTHS before the publication date, probably in 2013.

At the International Convention (NJ) a few weeks ago it was mentioned that 8 million had been passed.

George

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

They didn't mention that at my international a mere two weeks ago. Plus they have previously printed the nearly 8 million comment.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Different writers.

Some embellish/stretch/exaggerate more than others.

Doc

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

the nr of peak publishers will be well over 8 million in 2014.

My guess is that this watchtower article is referring to the average number of publishers during 2012/2013

• steve2
    steve2

BTTT

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Fast Facts—Worldwide

239—Lands where Jehovah’s Witnesses worship

7,965,954—Jehovah’s Witnesses

9,254,963—Free home Bible courses conducted

19,241,252—Attendance at the annual Memorial of Christ’s death

113,823—Congregations

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Actually after giving it some thought, this is probably a smart move.

Surely some dubs in each congregation are aware that they have passed the 8M mark...And surely in many congregations at least one will answer up on how the work is being speeded up by big-J, along the lines of this: "As you can see in the paragraph, at the time the FDS was preparing this article we were only 7.5M publishers. At the Regional Convention, we now heard that we have more than 8M brothers and sisters serving Jehovah. Here we can see how close Armageddon must be; Isn't it great to have the truth."

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

They are referring to average publishers, which is a more accurate figure. Peak publishers includes double counting such as when a publisher may put in more than one report for months they missed. Maybe they are worried about being deceitful and pulled up online about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit