Everything is back on track

by sp74bb 12 Replies latest jw friends

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"I've already seen this on many occasions recently among my acquaintances. Thinking that the Congregation will act as caretaker is pure "utopia". It is more of the same. Pure smoke."

It is amazing when you actually SEE the lack of love with your own eyes! When we went through a difficult time, we looked at each other and said, "they really don't care, do they?" That is the moment we walked away.

They spin, all of your life, that your "Brothers and Sisters" will be there for you when you need them. The reality of it is quite different. You have to see it with your own eyes to truly have it sink in.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    The elderly feel used up and spit out by the society. They don't care about them. The only thing they can hope for is someone in their congregation to remember them and help them out, but chances of that are slim, because the congregation is of course overwhelmed with trying to appease the demands of the society. I know someday in the not too distant future, my father will feel this way, and it will hurt him more than most because he loves feeling important and enjoys his status. Part of me wants him to realize he's been used, like your mother did Sp, and just be my father again. But part of me wants him to never go through that, I know he will be depressed. I'm happy for you that your mom can still enjoy her life and you are obviously a wonderful son to her. I'm so glad you have her back.
  • freddo
    freddo
    I saw them there at a regional convention in the UK. Plastic macs, hearing aids wheelchairs. The generation that thought 1975 would transport them to paradise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit