Dog and New Baby

by awakenyr2004 13 Replies latest jw friends

• awakenyr2004
    awakenyr2004

Shortly after I posted this yersterday my shepherd came into the living room with us and layed next to the baby's pen. Ha! Maybe he is reading JWnet too.

I guess he is slowly starting to come around. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Justnowout, thanks I will look for that book.

• awakenyr2004
    awakenyr2004

I've seen small children and big dogs play beautifully together. That is what I am hoping and working for.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

It's interesting how different dogs warm-up to new babies. My daughter has a seven month old daughter. One of her three dogs (The German Short-hair) is standoffish and has been since day one. The other two can't get enough licking in. When I am babysitting (which is every week day for about an hour or two) the short-hair will not jump up on me when I am holding the baby. But if I am not, he can't seem to help jumping up on me, licking my hand, arm and face. My granddaughter is my protector.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Our 4 year old dog didn't like our first baby. Sulked for 6 months. Dog gave us the "eat s*it look" too. So, I never left the baby and dog together. But, when baby turned 6 months old and started dropping food, then the dog and baby bonded. Inseperable after that. And, dog immediately loved second baby. Still, I don't leave a dog with a baby. I don't care the breed, it's not a good idea. They are all mini-wolves in sheep's clothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit