Would You Convert to Islam to Avoid getting Your Head Chopped Off? Atheist to Polytheist, what say you?

by BucketShopBill 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• losingit
    losingit

So everybody so far would be an undercover agent? I'm actually kinda surprised. I thought ex jws, especially ones who left of their own accord, would choose the route of "integrity". Interesting...

• prologos
    prologos

of all people, it would be most difficult for the ladies to convert. Circumcision would make you a new man, an atrocity performed on a female. It will be more than a cover up for the emancipated western woman. were Bhuto , Ghandi muslem?

• Mikado
    Mikado

of course not, we learnt to survive....

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

@losingit, you make a strong point, I keep wondering how far each of us would leave the human race and revert back to a animalistic, pure survival driven being to keep their lives going. The Past is full of examples of people put in bad situations who had to betray anyone their leaders told them to or die. At what cost will a person go to keep his heart pumping blood and live another day? In Russia during the 1700s there were private guards to a crazy Czar that would kill their own family if the leaders so desired. They would do anything to prove loyalty and remain alive, how far will animals go to stay alive? In Nature there are animals who lead the predators away from the nest, pack or pod to save their young, instinct to sacrifice yourself so another can live, this question keep's bugging me!

I hope I could be strong enough to reject their teachings as false, how easy would it be to become manipulated out of fear of death? How did the Nazi's and Inquisition leaders gain power to have individuals turn on each other, kill each other to prove their loyalty to a Master they claim to worship publically while in private they deny it.

Heinreich Himmler enjoyed experimenting, observing and watching people namely "Jews" turn on each other, imagine your a Jew and your Nazi officer tells you to "Kill that prisoner "another Jew" if your a loyal follower of the Third Reich!" They killed their fellow man while JWs and a few members of society had the freedom to walk out of the Concentration Camp if they renouced God and the Watchtower Association. Life no longer has value at this point, those Jews that desperately desired to be part of the Nazi's were never accepted by their regime, eventually they were killed. Now you see why it's easy to kill others under the direct command of a insane dictator like Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao, Martin Luther, Alexander the Sixth because you fear death and would do anything to remain alive. I am not saying people here would do anything to remain alive, we have evidence there are people who believe and don't believe refusing to "convert" or obey wicked leaders because they did not wish to cling to life if they had to become animals. Jesus said the following words to people who would have to make the choice of doing their best to save their life no matter what. We have seen people do really bad things to save their own skin, how long does life remain precious once you are ordered to go against every personal value you once held to remain alive?

How many people have killed because they were told, "Kill or Be Killed!"? Think about this, how far would you allow them to drag your personal being to remain alive? Would you kill your own race to stay alive, why do individuals like atheists in the Military go in and be some of the greatest fighters knowing if they die, that's it! How far would you go to remain alive? I think the JWs would go to the Cross and die before killing each other, Christians and Buddist monks have died because of faith, there most be something that transcends it all. If there is not, too many good people "believers and non-belivers" have died for nothing and who willl remember their heroic actions?

Matthew 10:39
    Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

Mark 8:36
    What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?

Luke 17:33
    Whoever tries to keep their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life will preserve it.

John 12:25
    Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Sure why not, I can still sit through a whole meeting without my eyes rolling out of my head.

• cofty
    cofty

Bait and switch.

In your OP you only asked if somebody would be prepared to pretend to assent to Islam to save their life.

Now its all about "integrity" and " how far will animals go to stay alive? "

Please ask the question you atually meant to ask.

• losingit
    losingit

I don't think it's bait and switch -- discussions open up into other areas when ppl bring up different aspects of the same topic. It's a natural part of any conversation, really.

• blondie
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Most religions glorify martyrs, as if holding on to one set of pretend beliefs is somehow morally superior to holding onto another.

While I can appreciate the commitment that people have and have had and the incredible courage of their convictions, being willing to undergo intense torture because of their beliefs, it seems sadly pointless when you realize that those beliefs were mere fantasy.

This in no way excuses the perpetrators of these horrible crimes that some twisted humans have committed against others, often--sadly enough--in the name of some "God." It is truly disgusting.

But seriously, what sane person--when faced with excruciating torture--would ever insist on an unwavering faith in the Tooth Fairy?

- -

medieval torture

- -

It's odd how it suddenly becomes different when you insert a name like: Jesus, Allah or Jehovah. But in reality, it's no different.

It only serves to emphasize why religion has got to go if we as a species are to ever have a better, less violent world

- -

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Here's what you are actually saying.

A severe diabetic is asked to eat a whole chocolate cake at gunpoint.

Will he do it ?

Isn't your idea of "moral fiber" synonymous with the "moral fiber" of a jihadist suicide bomber?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit