Would You Convert to Islam to Avoid getting Your Head Chopped Off? Atheist to Polytheist, what say you?

by BucketShopBill 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

Would you convert to Islam if they were holding your head on a Ax Block, ready to swing the Ax or Sword to cut your head off? We know there are people who died for their Political and Spiritual Values, would you convert to Islam to avoid Death? For Atheists, can you justify conversion to preserve life since there is no life after death? You must do all you can to avoid dying premature, would you Christians or Atheists stand up for your beliefs? Thanks, it's a honest question I was wondering if I had the moral fiber to no Disown Jesus Christ, if you are Agnostic or Atheist it's fair to postulate you have nothing to lose by conversion. What would you do?

• minimus
    minimus

sure

• losingit
    losingit

There really is no point in converting. There's video footage of ISIS chopping the heads of off ppl that converted when faced with that supposed choice. Might as well die with some integrity. If I were to convert, it would only be if they threatened the life of my children.

• jgnat
    jgnat

ISIS has it covered. They force the conversion THEN chop their heads off. The poor pagans get an immediate entry in to Paradise, AND they have no chance to recant.

I'd fake a conversion, no problem. My mind is my own.

Even an athiest can live with reverence for life, the wonder of it all. Since it is short-lived, protect it!

Flax, flower lasts one day.

Flax

Ditto for the daylily.

Daylily

• jam
    jam

I would convert to a KKK member to save my head, and I,m

black.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Jam, LOL!

But on a serious note:

The problem with ISIS (well, one of them) is that they want the men to fight for them but those men have to give up their wives for use by the soldiers. I somehow, somewhere I thought I'd read that the Koran doesn't bless fornication, much less rape.

• cofty
    cofty

would you Christians or Atheists stand up for your beliefs?

Atheism isn't a belief and doesn't require an upper-case "A". If you are less than impressed by the grandiose claims of theism you too are an atheist.

Accepting the terms of your thought experiment, of course I would say what they want to hear and live and fight another day. Revenge would be sweet.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"Atheists, can you justify conversion to preserve life since there is no life after death?" -

Yes, I'm not dying for an imaginary friend.

Swear allegiance to the flag, whatever flag they offer
    Never hint at what you really feel
    Teach the children quietly, for someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still

Mike & The Mechanics - Silent Running

Ismael

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

jam: I would convert to a KKK member to save my head, and I,m black.

Now that would truly be an undercover brother!

• losingit
    losingit

What was that skit by Dave Chapelle where the blind black dude was a KKK member? Omg hysterical!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit