Had some visitors today...

by Roamingfeline 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Two JW's knocked on my door peddling the Watchtower and Awake. I was still in my Satin Pj's and had a tiara stuck on my head as I was playing make believe with my five year old. I forgot I had it on, and they didn't seem to find that strange, lol.

I told them I am disassociated, figuring that would get rid of them quickly. (I'm really just inactive) But they kept on without a beat, asking if I'd like some brothers to come here to chat with me, and asking if I want to stay in that "condition". They also asked me if the local brothers know that a disassociated JW lives here. I told them I don't need anyone to come chat with me, and I am absolutely certain I would like to stay in this "condition" and no, the local bros don't know me. They seemed non-plussed about that, but took my word for it and told me to have a good day.

I was just wondering, because in America, they would have tried to back away from my evil apostate door as quickly as possible if I'd said that. These fella's just seemed to want to rehabilitate me, didn't mind it if I'd have chatted with them! They didn't look old enough to be elders.. one was pretty young, and the other looked old enough to be a MS. Weird, huh?

RCat

• TR
    TR

The last visit I had from a JW was an older man that dropped off a tract and took off faster than I could say "apostate."

BTW, I'm still waiting for those elders that said they'd research the Beth Sarim info I told them about, and would get back to me. That was three years ago.

TR

• nelly136
    nelly136

for years I found the I'm dissed worked a treat and would have them tripping over their bags on their way back up the path, but one day it backfired cos after the first two had scuttled another two elders turned up asking me if I'd like to return,
    the last visit I had was an elder carrying a letter asking me if I'd like to return, so I told him someone had been asking about him onthe internet, (wasnt fibbing either)
    I got to see first hand the fixed stare glazed eye thing, I was impressed. havent had any turn up since I moved here yet,
    nelly

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Roaming,
    That is weird. I have often wondered what they would do if they showed up.
    I do have some business contact with some active witnesses. I have not chosen to tell them that I am da'ed. Personally, I don't think it should make any difference. (I'm sure it might though) They have two children who one is now reinstated, but they had contact with her all along. And a son who is grown and currently df'ed and has just come home with his girlfriend for an extended visit. So until they find out I don't feel obligated to inform them. And I probably would do the same if any came to the door. My husband wants to talk to them anyway.
    TW

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Nellie,
    What a crack up!!!!
    TW

• nelly136
    nelly136

TW, my mum used to get the pin prick eye wiggle which used to be my warning that she was going off on one with the wooden spoon (thought she was demonised when that happened) I'd heard about the cult conditioning signs and that you could trigger a reaction on a list I was on, but was sceptical till I saw it for myself,
    was pretty cool to see it first hand,
    nelly

• Uni girl
    Uni girl

I don't get visited cos I still live in the territory. But I get a buzz from watching them avoid me on the street. I used to call on all the elderley and take them places, now when I see them they can run I wonder why I was driving them everywhere !!!

Hi nelly

• RR
    RR

Roaming

Two JW's knocked on my door peddling the Watchtower and Awake. I was still in my Satin Pj's and had a tiara stuck on my head as I was playing make believe with my five year old. I forgot I had it on, and they didn't seem to find that strange, lol.

You should have told them you were anointed and referred to the tiara as proof!

Actually, I have never been visited by JW's, perhaps because we're never home, however I have spoken to JW's in the area and believe that I have been branded as a "evil slave class" member.

• JAVA
    JAVA

RR,

I have been branded as a "evil slave class" member.

Yeah, I could tell you are of the "evil slave class" because of your beard!

---JAVA, counting time at the Coffee Shop

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

RR,

I haven't had anyone call in 4 years. I doubt if I am being avoided and I do know that the local cong' can't cover all of its territory in a year. With the slowing of effort, my semi-rural location and not-at-homeness maybe I have just missed.

I did manage to speak to two JW ladies at the airport JW literature desk recently. Making a call on them is much more fun I must go back and "do" my return visit.

Thirdson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit