I had a Tarot card reading

by LisaRose 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Stormcrow
    Stormcrow

DATA-DOG, why would Satan want to free humans from a life of servitude? Out of the goodness of his heart? If successful, does that mean humans end up serving him? He doesn't strike me as the humble type; however, I am heartily sick of the Demons and Satan being perpetual scapegoats for every little thing.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I tend to not comment on these posts as the response is using fairly basic e.g. people make guesses about what they read in the media cold reading etc.

I tested a card reader yrs ago post JWs. He recorded the session on cassette so I could analyse later. I gave him nothing except yes no answers through out the hour session.

He was uncannily correct not asking if any point was accurate, just statements. Your mother died when you were 8 for example. What was interesting was that he (accurately) told me that I had a job in New York and my future would be in the States and that I would retire in Indonesia. All correct at that time.

What was interesting was that I intentionally changed that course. My interest is what ability the mind has to "tap into" the mind of another. Nothing spooky, nothing religious just waiting for science to crack this current mystery.

• Mikado
    Mikado

I travel a lot in the developing world and have had my palms read three times.they didn't even get remotely close, which makes me wonder just how big an effect the cultural divide had in effective cold reading.

they didn't even come close in any respect, and I was rather disappointed.

• Laika
    Laika

I had a palm reading a few months ago, she got nearly everything wrong, it was actually a little offensive.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Why do we actually want someone to tell our future? I don't see the purpose in any of these pursuits and I don't believe they are real. I don't believe that God really cares about us enough to contact us, so if there are other supernatural beings out there why don't they just make contact with us properly.

What is with a medium of some kind?

I think it's a way to exploit people when they are in need, much the same as WT. There are always people and organisations willing to take advantage of the vulnerable. If I have a spare £5 I may try it out, but I certainly won't believe they can tell the future. We make our own future.

Kate xx

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

I've had a few readings done... They had always intrigued me when I was a JW but of course it was a big no-no. The first one got some things right, but was way off with other things. the second one was very accurate. She asked u to write down as many questions u wanted answers to and asked u to fold the paper and place it in yr bag or pocket (she wasn't in the room when I did this) and at the end of the reading she asked u to look at yr questions to make sure she answered it. Her accuracy was so spot on, it kind of freaked me out. She was accurate with names of friends & families - even those that have passed. I will have to wait a couple of years to see just how accurate she was - but so far, she's been spot on... I also had one that was so way off - it was a joke.

• Phaedra
    Phaedra

handling negative thoughts that come up and things like that. I am not saying I believe in it, but I certainly got my $5 worth, it was certainly better advise than I ever got from an elder.

Lisa,

How interesting! $5 for a little fun is worth it.

I'm interested in hearing more about the advice she gave about handling negative thoughts. I can sure use some right now. Are you up to sharing?

Phae

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit