History of JW.org domain

by Gorbatchov 18 Replies latest jw friends

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Just today, I visited the Scientology.org site and LDS.org (LDS' very similar to JW.org)

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

On 2 March 2000 'DougOnline.com's Domains For Sale' appears to be selling the domain

https://web.archive.org/web/20000302125103/http://jw.org/

I see JV.org not JW.org

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Thanks for the trust. History wii prove me right. I must have the evidence somewhere on an old harddrive.

G.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I see JV.org not JW.org

You don't seem to be familiar with how the Wayback Machine works. What is the web site in THE URL? That's the site whose history you're seeing. Look forward from that point in time and you'll see that the site was redirecting to watchtower.org since Oct. 2000 or earlier. There's no time period at which this site was owned by anyone other than this Doug guy or the Watchtower.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Thanks for the trust. History wii prove me right. I must have the evidence somewhere on an old harddrive.

Hi Gorby

thanks to jwleaks, I've just been reminded about this...

So was wondering, have you found the old hard drive yet? I'm trusting you.

That's all folks!

DarK SpilveR

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Just to complete the circle and for archive purposes for anyone reding this thread in the future....

Finally - so that this can be laid to rest - on 20 November 2016, Gorbatchov posted and admitted the following:

Nice you mentioned my posting about the domain name. Never found evidence 🤓

Thanks for the trust

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Oubliette, did you read darkspilver's post above? The "Jewish Women" theory doesn't seem to hold water.

yeah...it seems like a Jewish Womens Organizaiton would be named JW.Oy.Vey

• steve2
    steve2

So is this a case of deadduck.org ?

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov
    Did not found evidence in my archive but sure I read it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit