Have you ever given CoC to a JW to read? Or any other "red pill" book?

by Captain Obvious 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

I recently ordered a copy of CoC for my wife. She doesn't know it exists, but I'm hoping she's ready to read it.

Have any of you done that before? What was the reaction/result? It seems to be the best red pill out there.

Let's talk red pills. For me it was researching info on 607. Pretty soon I was reading JW facts, and that was it. Go right for the jugular.

What was your red pill? How did you find it?

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

For me CoC certainly helped to solidify TTATT, but what got me going was the UN NGO articles.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

The point of no return for me was the JWfacts article that clearly laid out the misquotes (and some associated outright lies) in the creation book. Everything else I was able to dismiss because it meant that the GB had lied to millions of people, and I couldn't accept that. Once I saw their lies in black and white, I knew that all my other doubts where founded.

I don't know where your wife is in her journey, but I suspect that someone would have to already have some pretty persistent doubts in their minds before they'd be able to read and accept that book. If they have no doubts, he's just going to be an angry manipulative appostate speaking in half-truths like the devil himself. Definitely report back on how it goes, I wish you nothing but the best!

• apostrate
    apostrate

I gave it to my elderly mother a few years back and encouraged her to read it. Like many devout JW's, she took it and started reading it with the attitude that she could pick anything this guy says apart and use it to prove the JW's ARE right!

She was reading it with a "pish-posh" attitude, I believe reading over it without actually thinking about what it says. Up until she got to a certain part. I truly believe it was the part about the double standards, Mexico vs Mozambique. She shut it down, then and there, would not read any further and wanted that book OUT OF HER HOUSE!!!

Her exact words, "I don't care, I am sticking with the organization!" It obviously struck a nerve. Like many JW's, she prefers to belong to an organization that will do her thinking for her rather than use her own mind.

It has been my experience that unless a JW already has some doubts, it does little good to try to get them to read CoC, or any other book that exposes the WT.

• Decided
    Decided

YES. I gave it to my brother who was df'ed for sticking by his JW wife who was df'ed for decorating for Xmas.

He said it released his guilty feeling.

Ken

• Decided
    Decided

YES. I gave it to my brother who was df'ed for sticking by his JW wife who was df'ed for decorating for Xmas.

He said it released his guilty feeling.

Ken

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Thanks for your input. From your experiences I'm not 100% sure she's ready. She's just sort of clinging on for family and friends. She's afraid of what leaving will do to our lives. She still believes, but knows there's a real reason why I left.

She knows she needs to be doing research, but fear is holding her back from starting. She needs to inform herself and make a decision quickly, I can thang on much longer pretending to be a JW and living a lie.

What else would be good to help open her eyes? Yes I've read Hassan's books and use his methods but seem to be stuck. We've watched The Unbelievers documentary (her idea) and most of Cosmos but still isn't convinced. Been convinced by the WT to distrust science. I think the next time the subject comes up I may direct her towards JWfacts. I've avoided this in the past, waiting for her to start looking on her own.. Which isn't happening so far.

• Fernando
    Fernando

I was asked to explain what the gospel is in one word, and ended up excavating fragments of the red pill from the Watchtower library, until a complete picture emerged as to what the Watchtower hierarchy was hiding from us and why.

It only took my family 30 months to divorce the apostate Watchtower organisation, its apostate magisterium, and its apostate ruling religious clergy class.

This decision was based solely on the huge discrepancy between what is in their publications, and what is in their hearts and on their lips, in relation to the liberating gospel of grace.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I sent it anonymously in the mail to my mother. She mentioned it and said she was going to ask her elders about it. So she never read it. Still, it was worth the price to try.

I have one at home that I have left out in the bedroom. My JW wife puts it under things and once in a while, I put it on top. It's been going on for over a year now.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

My wife in the past has thought certain objects that have been brought into the house were demonized including a couple of books. She of course quickly gets rid of them, oh how funny it is that the most evil book ever written is sitting in my house and she has no idea and also has not had one demon problem in all the months that its been there.LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit