Indianapolis Assembly Hall Chorus AMAZING!

by NoMoreHustle 34 Replies latest jw friends

• losingit
    losingit

The singing is nice but the conductor was a showboat. I couldn't enjoy the music bc of him. Anyways, who cares about this chorus? Stop sweating jws.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Just think...all that time they spent practicing for this event could have been spent in the ministry, spreading WT's life-saving message about the imminence of Armageddon.

Oh, that's a factor only when it's a JWs personal recreation time...

• NoMoreHustle
    NoMoreHustle

I agree this is just crazy. I am pretty sure it is song #101. They are always pointing fingers at other religions for stuff like this. They are hypocrites! That is the issue, not that it sounds good or whatever. I remember feeling like I was gonna struck down cause I enjoyed "oh happy day"

NoMoreHustle

• Mum
    Mum

They were good, especially for JW's, and especially given the kind of music they had to perform. I grew up on Southern gospel music, which is full of feeling, spirit, life! This, to me, is the JWs' toned down, insipid version of that.

From what I've seen posted on this board lately, there seems to be a lot more emotion in JW Land these days, as if they're taking baby steps to a more Pentecostal type venue for their meetings.

I'm shocked, of course, but happy for those who got to experience a little pseudo-joy in JW music.

• smiddy
    smiddy

They know they are gradually losing control of their members over the past years and especially now with youth straying , and the influence of the internet , it is a last ditch exercise to try to stem the flow of the exodus away from the organization .

So really its a compromise of their former position without acknowledgement. (so whats new )

smiddy

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Well King Solomon did have his male "singers" and female "singers".

Bloody Solomon wannabees

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

This is nothing new really. I remember about 15 years ago travelling with my gran to Port Talbot in South Wales to watch a travelling witness choir. It attracted hundreds of witnesses and they were literally travelling the entire UK. Very good they were as well.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Why's that guy at the front doing the robot?

• designs
    designs

We use to have live music in the KHs and Assemblies, then it went to canned music. This will be nice for the JWs.

If you need religion in your life this kind of stuff makes sense.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

MAybe the GB are beginning to understand that people, even JW', have different talents. And that a lot of JW are bored to death because they can't use their talent. I think they are going to "normalize" JW lifestyle a bit...the have to, they are losing the best of the young.

And maybe they will reduce D2D preaching....so the JW's will get more time for doing this stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit