What year is a SAFE YEAR for the Watchtower Organization as far as having only produced NON-CHANGING doctrine during that entire year which will not become extinct in subsequent years?

by Terry 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I was active after 1987. It seems that they were in a long spell of not changing the doctrine too much up until 1995.

So my guess would be that there were some "safe years" inbetween there somewhere, but by "safe," I mean that they didn't do ANY doctrinal changing.

My guess would be that there were several periods just the same way along their entire existence- periods of no new light and doctrinal changes.

However, that doesn't really mean anything compared to what you should be asking. "IS THERE A TIME WHEN ALL THEY HAD WAS CORE BELIEFS THAT ARE STILL THE SAME TODAY, OR HAVE THEY EVENTUALLY ABANDONED/CHANGED EVERY LAST FRIGGING THING?"

I don't think you could go back to the late 1800's before it was decided that the end would come in 1914 and find a time where everything was simple and still what they teach today.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

However, if in those "safe years" they were dispensing info that has been deemed old light, then they are not considered safe years; they were teaching lies.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

How could there be any safe years when the majority of the doctrines were obscure and void of any out side theological support ?

They went their own individual way and set about on a path looking for support from the general public, those that were supportive

and drawn into the organization were deemed loving Christian brother and sisters.

Instead unfortunately they were coerced, manipulated and exploited to become the organization's own self devised sales representatives,

by a devilishly corrupt religious publishing house.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I shared a scripture in proverbs with 2 of my elders and said I don't want to say something that would make God out to be a liar. I also asked what decade was the truth actually the truth.

• Terry
    Terry

I was active after 1987. It seems that they were in a long spell of not changing the doctrine too much up until 1995.

So my guess would be that there were some "safe years" inbetween there somewhere, but by "safe," I mean that they didn't do ANY doctrinal changing.

My guess would be that there were several periods just the same way along their entire existence- periods of no new light and doctrinal changes.

In 1995 the teaching on the GENERATION went into effect which made ERROR out of all previous teaching all the way back to 1916.

As JW Facts website tells it:

"When this was changed in 1995 with an article explaining that a generation could extend for multiple lifetimes, many Witnesses saw this as indication the Governing Body had lost faith, no longer confident that Armageddon is close at hand. Since 1995, the growth rate of Jehovah’s Witnesses has fallen dramatically. In 2010 the teaching changed back to say that it will be within 2 overlapping lifetimes, so it will be interesting to see if this can be used to try to turn around the declining growth rates."______________

So everything before 2010 was "adjusted" making 1995 an ERROR to be adjusted as well.

Boom goes the dynamite.

These people are O.C.D. compulsive about tweaking every little jot and tiddle and cannot help but meddle.

I had an old friend JW who said to me, "You know only the Society admits when they are wrong."

I answered, "Two things about that statement need to be faced. First, admitting you've been wrong actually means you've been WRONG; so there goes the accuracy of calling it the TRUTH. Secondly, Other religion actually know what they believe--so, there is no reason to change it or admit it was wrong."

• Terry
    Terry

Did we finally conclude there is NO SAFE YEAR?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yup, no Safe Year, it is worse than the Roman Catholic method of birth control, known as the "Safe Period, at least that worked occasionally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit