100 year Kingdom rule vs. "worldly governments"

by inbetween 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• inbetween
    inbetween

Those of us, who still had to attend the convention this year, for whatever reason, might remember the talk given about the difference between human rulers and the kingdom since 1914.

Sure, one can find many flaws with human rulership, and paint a picture of the perfect rule of Gods kingdom in a Paradise, literal and even spiritual right now (whatever this means)

But, here is another aspect:

Human rulers, especially in modern western democrazies, manage to keep most people reasonable happy, healthy and well fed. Granted, even there some suffer from injustice, corruption and so forth, most subjects ususally are law abiding citizens more or less. Of course, there are always some, who defy any law, and have to be treated either with imprisonment or similar measures, but those are comparingly few. Most people just want to live in peace, and even if they may not agree with all the government does, remain calm, if basis needs are not touched.

If a government has to use brutal force in order to keep most citizens under control, we usually few it as big failure

Gods kingdom, on the other hand, even has access to supernatural powers (example preventing sickness, even death) and still cannot keep in control 99,9% of worlds population, but has to kill them in the big A.

Gods kingdom superior ? really ???

• cantleave
    cantleave

democrazies

Ha Ha - love it.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Gods kingdom, on the other hand, even has access to supernatural powers (example preventing sickness, even death) and still cannot keep in control 99,9% of worlds population, but has to kill them in the big A.

Gods kingdom superior ? really ???

Excellent point inbe.

• inbetween
    inbetween

democrazies

Ha Ha - love it.

forgot to do a spellcheck...its actually funny....

• jgnat
    jgnat

I figure the local elder body is the best example on earth of what it would be like under theocratic rule.

My prediction? Pot-holes left unfilled, starving widows and orphans.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

This talk was horrible. They started several points by saying "we have to admit there have been some improvements". THEN they give a score of zero! How dishonest.

• jgnat
    jgnat

HDI Democracy

Talk is cheap. Numbers, well, I respect numbers.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

How anybody can sit in the audience and hear someone actually compare something that is visible, factual and palpable with a fairytale, is simply amazing.

It just sounds surreal to think that perhaps at some point i would have entertained this comparison if i heard it in a convention.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Parents may feed and clothe their child, but the tooth fairy sprinkles fairy dust!

• vendetta
    vendetta

human Government= Ipad Ipod I phone Testla Internet Chromecast Instagram Facebook Pizza Coca Cola Rum Cuban cigars, Ect.

God's kingdom= Jw.org

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit