Why are there NO articles about JW near death experiences and death bed visions?

by freeatlast36 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freeatlast36
    freeatlast36

My dad died recently and was a long time JW. We have had some interesting experiences with his passing and have been researching for other JW stories and there are none. Anyone know why??

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hello freeatlast36, I am very sorry to hear your Dad died. I am sorry for your loss.

In the 2 years I have been on, some have posted about their experiences. You could look for their threads in the "Search" feature.

Were you asking why there were not any WT or Awake articles written about your above question?

LL

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

My personal theory about these visions are that when people are dying they may have some kind of visual or brain stimulation, then their subconscious fills in the blanks and they see what they expect, like a long corridor filled with light. JWs don't expect to go to heaven, so maybe they don't have the same kind of vision, or they don't report it if they do. .

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

JWs don't mention them because they don't believe in them. They'd be DF'd if they dared to say that they saw angels or a light at the end of the tunnel or experienced any kind of NDE-because when they are dead, the belief is that they are DEAD with no consciousness whatsoever. If they stated anything else they would be, at best, counseled and probably put in the category of nutty people-like the folks that think they are anointed.

• integ
    integ

Would a 3 yr old girl have predisposed ideas of a tunnel leading to a light? Or know about a dead sibling they were never told about or had no exposure to? Or how about being aware of the physical features of a long passed uncle she had never seen a picture of?

Seems people try to come up with all kinds of convoluted reasonings for explaining away anything of a "spiritual" nature because of their own predisposed distaste for it and an already deep commitment to never accept their might be something else "out there".

Unless you've personally experienced things of this nature i guess it may be hard to believe..but once you have, you know without a doubt there is indeed "something" out there...beyond what the senses or snarky "scientists" would like you to believe.

• designs
    designs

My MIL saw water running down the walls of her hospital room and heard christmas tunes playing in her final moments.

• cofty
    cofty

When I was a child I had a fever
    My hands felt just like two balloons.

Pink Floyd

When I was a child I too had a fever. My hands felt like balloons and I saw cowboys and Indians in my bedroom. It was very real.

Everything we experience is a result of our brains processing inputs. When we loose sensory input our minds create their own. You can induce it quite easily.

• carla
    carla

I think both nderf and/or iands have a few stories of jw's near death, one I read was quite interesting. Sorry no links, it has been some time since I checked them out. Many who have near death experiences do not believe or are not willing to share their experience. Given the belief of jw's, what jw or even ex jw would be willing to tell that story?! Many (non jw) who have faith in God, Jesus, heaven, etc... will not share their story due to the ridicule or disbelief from those they love; how much more difficult to tell your story to strangers as well?

• exWTslave
  • little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

Has anybody here ever had an after death comunication experince?

http://www.after-death.com/Pages/About/ADC.aspx

Whether or not they are objectively provalble, they tend to bey very healing and comforting for those greiving heavily. They are so intensely personal and "crazy" of an experince that most people don't like to talk about them. So they are much more common than they seem. Some therapists even have techneques to facilitate this happening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit