Can JW's get themselves sterilized?

by Splash 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

I've seen a much more recent article that siad a big fat no.

• Splash
    Splash

maninthemiddle, if you can locate that article I would be very interested.

As I put the list together I wondered how many babies were born to parents who didn't really want them, or how many women struggled with births, wishing their partners had been allowed a vasectomy.

Splash

• stillin
    stillin

I'm fixed. No pain at all. I think the deal is that elders and servants shouldn't go around making their sterility public knowledge. Something about priests with crushed testicles in the temple being a bad thing.

Never had black balls either.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

For JW's.....making your reproductive organs not function via sterilization is a conscience matter. Making your brain not function via attending meetings is a guarantee.

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

I had no idea there was such a flip-flop policy on this, and such strange reasoning esp 78 & 79.

Maybe they took being black balled and not being allowed to join the club too literally. Although if you are literally black balled you can't get anyone in the club, which means you cant even be a publisher. So... wait I'm confused. What was my point again :-S

• finallysomepride
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Who needs to be sterilized?? Being a JW is enough to kill any sex drive that a person may have. Imagine having sex with the same person, in the same room, in the same way, for the rest of your life. It's a miracle that I have not cheated or blown my F'ing head off. Actually, it's the love I have for my daughter. If I lose her..this shits gonna get KRAY-KRAY!!!!

DD

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

My brother-in-law is a true believer JW. He recently got married and they want to go to the WT couples school together and serve the borg as fully as possible. They don't want kids so he had a vasectomy. He did this because we are so deep into the last days and kids would get in the way of their spiritual goals. Besides, Jehober can restore his reproductive powers in the new system anyway, right?

The guy is in his 20s and he likes kids. I'm sure this decision will not come back to haunt him down the road.

As an interesting side note, my driver's license says I'm an organ donor. This guy's sister gave me a hard time about it because she thought that was against WT policy. But looking at this thread it's no wonder most dubs don't know what the current WT stance on any subject is. Depends on the day obviously.

• finally awake
    finally awake

Just Ron had a vasectomy after our youngest was born in 2007. We were thoroughly confused by the flip=flopping and vague admonishments in the magazines. We finally decided to do what we thought was best because we were approaching 40, already had 3 kids, and pregnancy was really hard on me.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I would like to be an organ donor...if you know what I'm sayin'... HEY-OHHH!!!!!!

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit