Wife and Kids at Meeting

by lambsbottom 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Yes, exactly. You might be surprised what good arguments can be made for those doctrines, lambsbottom. The Society does a real hack job on any beliefs that aren't theirs, whether they're pretending to consider other religions, other Christian doctrines, or Bible-conflicting science. Read this, it's a good story and you'll see some examples of real defenses of traditional Christian doctrines, which JWs can't brush aside so easily: http://smmcroberts.net/religion/fundamentalism/watchtower/fit/intro.html

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

There is no religious group that we can count on to be the 'truth'. Each person individually faces God in the judgement. Look to your belief and what you are doing about it.

I'm not trinitarian,but that is pretty much all I can agree with-I don't believe the rest of the cristology.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The WT has managed to poison you against a doctrine that the bulk of Christianity, including the Catholic Church, doesn't teach. It only ever addresses Modalism, pretending that is the Trinity. Have you ever researched the Trinity in, say, the Catholic Encylopedia, to see if what the WT was bashing was official Catholic doctrine?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit