World Events bring about A Renewed Zeal!!!

by jk-ton 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

jk-ton

you will find that this "re-newed zeal" will be short-lived... the Isreali/Palestanian conflict is nothing new and neither is the Ukraine/Russia situation... This will all fizzle out before the end of the year and JWs will find something else to keep their hopes up... Same old cycle every 12 years or so... yawn....

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Just go back to JWfacts.com. If there is a creator he must disapprove of the WTBTS's blatant lies, misquotes, use of a false stylus, ect. If there is a just God, why would he kill YOU for not believing the false ideas of humans? If GOD is all-knowing and all-loving then why judge you because they lie and injured your conscience??

If GOD is the vindictive YHWH or the OT, then why worship him at all? Just remind yourself of the facts right in front of you. A man-made American Adventist/NEO-zionist apocalyptic high-control religion has been saying the SAME THING FOR OVER 100 YEARS!!! Don't worry, this will pass.

DD

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

I have to think of a few counter-arguements to bring them down when they start spouting their usual jive to me.

How about the most obvious counter-argument.......the Watchtower has been wrong about every single one of their prophecies & speculations for the last 140 years!

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Dear jk-ton, theirs is a false confidence and is not one iota different than the many other times they have cried "armageddon....sooooon". Every time their has been conflict their confidence has risen, only to vanish once nothing changes. The twin towers was HUGE until it wasn't. And the jws were SURE that was the beginning of the end...at the time. As other posters have said, the world wars, more recently the Six Day War, the Gulf War, the turmoil in Egypt and Syria and everywhere in the middle east...name a time when you couldn't point to the middle east conflicts and say "oh, armageddon is coming!".

Remember the story of The Boy Who Cried Wolf? The jw leaders are that boy. They repeatedly trick people into believing the same story over and over and over...the only difference being that in the story there eventually was a real wolf. But there will be no armageddon as the jws preach it.

Please don't let their hand-clapping/jw.org/somethingbigiscoming craziness overreach your solid logic. Remember that the gb and their hired consultants are masters of manipulation and have to keep things stirred up or else everyone would eventually leave. The excitement (oh, 100 years of failed prophecies, yay!!!) is manufactured to keep the worker ants busy.

You have done well to get on the road to Freedom...please stay on it!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

They have a great system, anytime something happens, everyone says it's the beginning of the great tribulation. once it's solved and peace returns, they're watching for a cry of peace and security.

That said, I haven't noticed anything locally. Most here are totally clueless to current events.

• scotoma
    scotoma

jk-ton,

The question isn't whether JW's or any religion is right or wrong.

What do you SEE happening?

Back engineer prophesy for a minute.

1. As Blondie has pointed out from the scriptures: "No one knows the day or the hour."

2. When asked right before he was levitated "Lord are you restoring the kingdom to Israel at this time?" He didn't say YES. He also didn't say NO.

He said, "(Acts 1:7) It does not belong to you to get knowledge of the times or seasons which the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction." He then said basically that they should be Christian Witnesses to the ends of the earth" That's the last anyone supposedly has seen or heard from Jesus. Poof! Good-Bye.

Compare that with Matt. 24:36 "Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heaven nor THE SON OF MAN, but only the Father.

Why would only the Father know? Why wouldn't he tell anyone? God/Father is a placeholder for whatever happens will happen whenever it happens. We are obsessed with timetables because we are time bound. Nature is probability. Try to predict exactly when a child will be born.

3. The most important thing is to be ready to flee when you see the disgusting thing standing where it shouldnt. That's the trigger. The start of the great tribulation. This is the biggest mistake of JW's. They think the trigger is governments attacking babylon the great which they identify as religion. Religion is not Babylon the Great. The USA as the worlds hegemon (dominates economically and militarily) is Babylon the Great.

4. Go to Daniel. Now for the reverse engineering. You don't have to explain everything in Daniel. You just need to know the events associated with the Great Tribulation. Most of the other stuff in Daniel is too ambiguous. It was meant to keep people guessing. Daniel was told to make secret the words he was writing because they were for insightful ones to understand at the time of the end.

5. Just before Michael stands up to save his people it says some particular King will "have to come all the way to his end and there will be no helper for him". That King is the King of the North. Daniel makes that clear in vs 40 of Daniel chapter 11. "And in the time of the end the king of the south will engage with HIM in a pushing. Are there two significant Kings with a history of Pushing? The JW's used to be quite explicit that the two kings were Russia and the USA. They dropped that after the Soviet Union disappeared.

6. Notice that the King of the South is not considered a significant figure on the earth after he is mentioned in vs 40. He's not the King that is destroyed at the end of the 11th chapter.

7. Something happens from vs 40 on. That verse indicates that the King of the North will storm with a great military force the King of the South. Does this attack succeed or fail for the King of the North. It certainly sounds like the King of the North succeeds. "He will certainly enter into the lands and flood over and pass through. vs. 42 He will keep thrusting out his hand against the lands. vs. 43 "He will actually rule over the hidden treasures of the gold and silver" It appears that he has knocked off the King of the South. Think about it if he destroys the USA he would then be the controller of the worlds economy.

It could happen!

• Imminent1975
    Imminent1975

JK-ton wrote, "Hi guys! Is anyone sensing an increasingly sanctimonious arrogance in J-dubs recently?"

I recently talked with my active Jw sister who knows that I've dropped off the map of Jw's. She talked about worldly people that she is in contact with are becoming concerned with the world events. She said to me, "Worldly people understand that something is taking place, and they don't have the truth, they are wondering how it will end, but we know how it will end." In other words not spoken, she indicated that I should do something or be destroyed at (Harm)eggedon.

I didn't say anything at all, I don't want to risk her associatioin, as she is the only immediate family that even calls me. But yes, every little ripple in the national relationships is taken as a sign of the time of the end.

• Mum
    Mum

Believe it or not, we probably live in the most peaceful time in human history. I recommend you take some history courses and learn what chaos the world has lived in for thousands of years. Simple villagers used to be invaded, their entire villages destroyed, their people raped, kdnapped and/or killed.

Not only is the world's past violent, but it is also unhealthy. The average life span in ancient Rome was about 27 years. Now, life is just beginning at 27! There was poor sanitation and filthy living conditions for many people throughout history.

We are the lucky, the blessed, the winners in world history. JW's are so uneducated about the realities of life in the past that they don't know how good they have it. Don't let them get over on you. Give them some historical facts, or just ignore them. They are clueless!

• blondie
    blondie

scotoma, your quote is not quite the one I used: If people are thinking it is coming now because of current events, it is not....heisenberg principle of bible prophecy

This is why you also must be ready, because the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. International Standard Version

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Ask them if they remember how giddy JW's got when the world trade centers went down on 9/11. That was 13 years ago.

Then ask them if back then they'd ever think they'd see this going on at the Kingdom Halls 13 years later. Especially when the end is supposedly even closer and peoples lives are at stake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit