Perfect Relationship, He Still Broke Up With Me

by tiff21390 35 Replies latest social relationships

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

I married my inactive dub...and after over a decade he went active again and things have been crazy. This religion does a number on the minds of the followers. I am so sorry you are learning the hard way. I will say that had I known how this religion and members can be, I would have ran away as fast as I could and never married him. Sending positive thoughts and an e-hug your way, I know it hurts and is confusing.

• tiff21390
    tiff21390

Thank you all again. I took some time and I still feel in the same place with this. I guess it's going to take time.

• Mum
    Mum

It's hard when you're heartbroken, but, down the road, it could have been even harder. For example, if your child got invited to a birthday party of a school friend, he probably would forbid the child from going. Much worse than that, if your child had an illness or accident and needed a life-saving blood transfusion, he would be required to refuse that medical treatment.

People who don't know the lengths JW's go to in order to remain on the good side of some narcissistic old men in New York get a lot of surprises when getting involved with a member of the Watchtower cult.

Count yourself lucky, grieve, and move on to a happy, fulfilling life instead of the stultifying life of a JW.

Best wishes for a happy future.

• Perry-Zephyr
    Perry-Zephyr

Your boyfriend's - or ex-boyfriend - if you are speakin the truth, isn't a Jehovah's Witness. People who live double lives are treacherous. I'm sorry for your ordeal.

• tiff21390
    tiff21390

Your comments have been truly helpful everyone. Things Aww still off and I with I could fast forward my recovery, but I truly appreciate every word and kind thought.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

We aim to please.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit