DHS report Tuberculosis and Scabies Spreading in Migrant Holding Areas

by Jeannette 12 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Agents are taking germs home to their families, and excrement is a problem with migrants. Be sure to wash all fruits with soap and water. Wash your hands after touching door knobs, hand rails, and it would be a good idea to keep your distance from them if they have TB. Chicken pox is being brought in also.

• Scully
    Scully

Last I heard, chicken pox was one of those normal childhood diseases. Are illegal aliens sporting a newfangled chickenpox virus with spicy chipotle flavours?

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Well, I'm not sure. But the newspaper article said the above. I need to learn how to copy and paste. Chicken pox is a "normal" childhood disease, as is Mumps and Measels, but this country has kept these things at bay.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Where did you see this? I went to the DHS website and didn't see anything in their press releases. I don't know why they would be involved anyway, tuberculosis is not that contagious, it's not like it's a threat to public health, and even if it was it would be handled by the CDC, not DHS. I can't imagine either group would be interested in Scabies.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

I got it from the The Daily Caller, 7/31/2014 on 4:39 p.m. Associate Editor Scott Greer

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Scabies and lice are not as serious as Ebola, of course, but you don't want a case of it. And tuberculosis is very contagious. Nonetheless, this country is going to be flooded with various diseases that are familiar to 3rd world countries, but not here (U.S). In fact, we may not have built up immunities to some of them. When immigrants came into the country at Ellis Island back whenever the year was, they were inspected for disease. Zyclon B was used to help them get rid of lice. It is going to get worse, have no fear.

• blondie
    blondie

So does he give a link for the report by the DHS?

• blondie
    blondie

Our family all got chicken pox at the KH...some sister wanted to be sure they did not miss any meetings during their family bout with it. Or the jw children who all got measles at a jw daycare when a sister dropped her child wno had measles without telling the sister running the daycare.

I also worked in a large metropolitan jail and the people they brought in did not always have the best hygiene. We knew that and took necessary precautions. I find it hard to believe that there were not policies on the books regarding handling people to be held for processing.

As to news I find this a better source:

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-immigrant-ig-report-20140731-story.html

• cantleave
    cantleave

Chicken pox is a normal childhood disease, it is not serious. There is no immunisation programme,

• blondie
    blondie

There is an immunization program in the US.

By Mayo Clinic Staff

Chickenpox (varicella) is a viral infection that causes an itchy, blister-like rash. Chickenpox is highly contagious to people who haven't had the disease nor been vaccinated against it. Before routine chickenpox vaccination, virtually all people had been infected by the time they reached adulthood, sometimes with serious complications. Today, the number of cases and hospitalizations is down dramatically.

For most people, chickenpox is a mild disease. Still, it's better to get vaccinated. The chickenpox vaccine is a safe, effective way to prevent chickenpox and its possible complications.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/chickenpox/basics/definition/con-20019025

Complications

By Mayo Clinic Staff

Chickenpox is normally a mild disease. But it can be serious and can lead to complications, especially in high-risk people. Complications include:

• Bacterial infections of the skin, soft tissues, bones, joints or bloodstream (sepsis)
    • Pneumonia
    • Inflammation of the brain (encephalitis)
    • Toxic shock syndrome
    • Reye's syndrome for people who take aspirin during chickenpox
    Who's at risk?

Those at high risk of having complications from chickenpox include:

• Newborns and infants whose mothers never had chickenpox or the vaccine
    • Adults
    • Pregnant women who haven't had chickenpox
    • People whose immune systems are impaired by medication, such as chemotherapy, or another disease, such as cancer or HIV
    • People who are taking steroid medications for another disease or condition, such as children with asthma
    • People taking drugs that suppress their immune systems
    Chickenpox and pregnancy

Other complications of chickenpox affect pregnant women. Chickenpox early in pregnancy can result in a variety of problems in a newborn, including low birth weight and birth defects, such as limb abnormalities. A greater threat to a baby occurs when the mother develops chickenpox in the week before birth. Then it can cause a serious, life-threatening infection in a newborn.

If you're pregnant and not immune to chickenpox, talk to your doctor about the risks to you and your unborn child.

Chickenpox and shingles

If you've had chickenpox, you're at risk of another disease caused by the varicella-zoster virus called shingles. After a chickenpox infection, some of the varicella-zoster virus may remain in your nerve cells. Many years later, the virus can reactivate and resurface as shingles — a painful band of short-lived blisters. The virus is more likely to reappear in older adults and people with weakened immune systems.

Shingles can lead to its own complication — a condition in which the pain of shingles persists long after the blisters disappear. This complication, called postherpetic neuralgia, can be severe.

A shingles vaccine (Zostavax) is available and is recommended for adults age 60 and older who have had chickenpox.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit