I'M FREE!!!

by jaccilynn 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• jaccilynn
    jaccilynn

this is my first post on this site, and i feel very liberated and comfortable, so i have a feeling that this d/b may be a good thing for me.

my story (although to my "worldly" support group it sounds strange) is alot like many of yours. i was raised a witness, altough my parents have been inactive as long as i can remember. when i was 14, i was pulled out of school because of "bad associations" and started home schooling. serious family issues, a lack of affection and too much spare time on my hands were my reasons for starting regular attendance at the meetings when i was 15. the congregation took me in and became the family that i'd been longing for at home. looking back, i see how i used this against my parents. blaming my lack of communication with them on their inactivity, and that still weighs heavily on me now. regardless, i was baptized at 16, and started auxil pioneering immediately. a year later my dad was hurt in an accident and i quit pioneering and got a job. i remember feeling somewhat greatful for an excuse to quit full time service. i think that's when i began subconsciously pulling myself out of the grasp of the congregation. i became aware of the fact that my reasoning for doing so was a disappointment in the elders; who had never in our 6 years of being a part of the congregation, gave my parents a sheperding call! so i started requesting visits from the brothers. calling elders, crying at 17 years old, begging them to talk to my parents, to no avail. which made me even more resentful of the organization. when i was 18, after a few months of inactivity, the brothers came to my house to call on me. i realized then that the society is more concerned about keeping the people who owned titles (pioneer, ministerial servant, elder) and trying to convince outsiders to convert then there were of helping struggling ones like my parents! roumors had sperad about me in the few months i wasn't attending meetings, about me being sexually active and taking drugs, when really all i was doing was smoking cigarettes. which also angered me. but still, my mind was not my own, and i "confessed my sins", was privately reproved and had all of my privlidges taken away. i quit the job i had, and stopped talking to all of my "worldly" friends, which i felt so horrible about; and i started attending meetings again... but i was no longer convinced, forced, brainwashed to believe what i was hearing and quit a few months later. i'm not disfellowshipped, or disassociated. i think it's just a formality, a way for all of the people who cared for me as brothers and sisters to have closure, and experience the formulated contempt for me that they are forced to have per my having diffrent opinions. i refuse to do that.

it's so hard though. i still struggle back and forth, altough i know i could never be a j/w again... i miss my family. my cousins who were like sisters to me and my aunt who became a surrogate mother when i was having problems with my own. my relationship with my parents has become more open and honest. we're truely friends now, though the topic of religion is taboo. i'm 20, i live on my own, i have a LIFE (a real life! it's so exciting!), friends that care for me because of the person i am, not because they have slim pickings and have no choice and i'm a free thinker, which is the most beautiful feeling in the world. coming up with ideas and not having to stiffle them in order to not break the mold. it's so satisfying.

well, i just wanted to introduce myself, and say thank you to who ever created this site. i've been feeling very alone in the world concering religious issues lately, and i was so greatful to find people with similar experiences as me here!!

i hope to meet and make friends with many of you!!

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

Welcome!
    I'm looking forward to hearing more from you. Isn't life great when you can live it fully without the fear and guilt? So glad you decided to make new friends here, you'll be glad you did.

Anne

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Welcome, Jaccilynn

I'm happy that you found this site. It is so great to find people who think and feel as you do. Enjoy your stay here.

Free

• Nikita
    Nikita

Welcome Jaccilynn!
    Hope you make some new friends here! Enjoy your new found freedom!

I pulled out when I was about your age. It was a very exciting time for me! I was neither DA-d or DF'd at first. I don't even think I got a shepherding call! Then when I married my husband in a church (I was 24) I heard that I was DA-d.

Nikita

"I think you ought to like what you do. Because there's a reasonably
    good chance no one else is going to."
    Rich Mullins

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Welcome JAC... If you haven't been around this board much...take a look-see. You'll find some pretty interesting conversations from some very open-mined (and close-minded) people, and that's what makes the world go around! Glad to have you aboard.

• SYN
    SYN

You had priveledges? What?

Oh, and HI!

It's great to see so many DECENT, non-trolling newcomers on this site...makes my heart warm, actually...

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

welcome

SPAZ

• TheStar
    TheStar

Welcome, glad you found this site, it has helped me immensely!

• outnfree
    outnfree

Welcome to the Board, Jaccilyn!

Many who leave the organization and become inactive do so because they realize the pervading 'lack of love' among members.

I'm happy to hear you have a LIFE and real friends and a better relationship with your parents. So much in life improves when one says good-bye to the guilt and mind-control of the WT cult.

outnfree

• gypsyqueen
    gypsyqueen

Please tell me what a troll is. Thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit