Do you ever get frustrated and feel dirty after sharing experiences on JWN?

by BucketShopBill 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kairos
    kairos

I was tricked for 25 years...

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Feel dirty...never. Feel "used" and stupid, at times YES. I feel great about unloading some of the confidential Bethel stories that would have gotten me disfellowshiped. The Chitty story felt like a huge weight being lifted.

• Mum
    Mum

No, I don't feel "dirty." I have been out for 36 years, so most of my issues are resolved. Life is a learning experience, and I feel I had to do the "Watchtower thing" to learn what I did. People tried to stop me, but I wouldn't listen because the brainwashing took so well. While I wish I had spent those years more productively, I know it could have been worse. After all, there are worse cults.

What I learned inside the cult was not all useless. As a teenager, when I first began "publishing," being a JW actually opened up my world and possibilities for travel and meeting other people. The experience started out very positive and went downhill after a time.

I am grateful that I escaped relatively unscathed and young enough to start over.

• kaik
    kaik

Nope. I grew up with it since I was a toddler. I left when I was in my 20's and never looked back. I wish my family was free of the cult, but it will most likely not happened. I definitelly feel cheated and had my childhood stollen, but this cannot be taken back.

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

I wish I dumped it in my early 20s, I was a study that dragged on forever because I wanted to live life to it's fullest. The guilt from trying to make a living and told "you are bad for leaving your family for business reasons", "your not putting in enough time", "you need to find modest employment, reduce your expectations and outlook of what this World offers!"

Now, the Generation that fell for their lies is dying off like MayFlies, few have money and most are living off $900 plus $178 State Poverty Fund who put their faith in the Watchtower! Section:8 Housing for JWs who hate this World, aint that swell!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit