Do you ever get frustrated and feel dirty after sharing experiences on JWN?

by BucketShopBill 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

It's a giant boil on my butt, thinking how long we all were tricked by a Cult. Reading so many of our fellows threads, it help's reinforce we made the correct choice in mentally or physically leaving the Watchtower's path to Truth, they never had it and nobody can prove they did! Ray Franz Jr. came to that conclusion, even he had to accept "This is not the best of all Relgions, in fact, it's on the bad side!" After posting or reading many threads, does it leave a bitter-sweet taste or do they make you depressed at times because you wasted your better years following the Watchtower?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes!

im bitter....

i was thoroughly deceived and wasted my life!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I am bitter that they have most of my family, and that I didn't get to college.

Still, very happy that I am out, and am not wasting my Saturday morning knocking on the doors of people who are just annoyed that I am there.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Just read some of my bat-shit crazy posts. Sure I felt embarrassed, but you have to share. Fear is what keeps us trapped in any given situation. We fear rejection for being honest about our feelings and thoughts. The ironic thing is that you cannot have real friends if honestly does not exist and fear is the tie that binds.

Thats why we have REAL friends here, even one we disagree with. There is no pseudo-love bombing here. We are not just warm and fuzzy apparitions that remind each other of a future fantasy petting zoo, only to be discarded when we spoil the scene with a divergent thought or inconvenient truth.

DD

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I just don't want them to have any more of my life and my energy. To remain bitter would take energy and they're not having any more. There are so many ways to screw up your life, I did it being born in a cult and staying until I was thirty. Other people make other terrible mistakes. I am moving on the best I can.

• flipper
    flipper

No I don't feel " dirty " at all ! In fact I feel RIGHTEOUS ! LOL. I feel a hell of a lot cleaner and more righteous than WT leaders. I wouldn't want to be them. I feel so much cleaner than them because I'm trying to expose the criminality of the WT Society and like other people here- I want to assist anyone escaping the JW cult. Why should I feel dirty ? It's a noble cause ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

BSBill -- I think that's a common reaction for those newly out or fading. Just removing yourself from the physical presence of the cult doesn't clear all the cult-crap-thinking out of our heads, it takes time and venting and going through a rediscovery of self.

So yes, I think when I first began posting it was very uncomfortable (you know, having the big A word ringing in your ears). But with time and personal growth and removing the sticky cobwebs of cult thinking from my brain processes, it's definitely changed to a place of companionship and support.

Use JWN to vent, it's safe here (well, if you don't post personal data as we all know the crazy borg watches this site).

We are here to support each other, even if we don't always agree with one another. It's like REAL family, not the conditional jw kind.

Keep on the march to mental freedom!!!

• kairos
    kairos

I am just starting to post here after many months of lurking.

Many experiences to follow...

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

do they make you depressed at times because you wasted your better years following the Watchtower?

i find it an element of 'depressed at times'

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

Thanks, I was having a "Bitch Fest" on how evil my family is, the only time I hear is when they need money or someone is dying.

Flipper, happy your able to swim free from their filth, maybe we can learn from you! I can see the pain in lots of Posts, Good People suffering from a Horrible Cult, if I could, I would spray "CULT-B-GONE" Spray with Chem-Trails over the World! :)

You are my family now, you relate to things nobody will ever have any idea. When I tell people, even professionals with many degrees, they don't get it! They ask, "how come you did not leave sooner!", Fail! They can't grasp we were tricked!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit