thinking of leaving

by justme67 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Saved_JW
    Saved_JW

There is no honorable way to leave the organization. I really guess it depends on what you mean by "Best way"

If the agenda is to leave the organization with the least amount of backlash and judicial rammifications would be to simply fade away. Stop going out in field service as a start, gradually only attend Sunday meetings, then leave completely.

However lately the organization is cracking down on faders as well even going so far as to treat them as being disfellowshipped.

In my opinion, its always to leave with integrity and truth on your side. Do your research as you are continuing to do. Jwfacts is a great place to compare watchtower doctrine and Biblical doctrine, focus on the inconsistencies within the organization's past, and within their own doctrines. Specifically what the bible says and how it contradicts with Watchtower doctrine.

The lynchpin of the Watchtower is the 607 bce doctrine. The organization stands or falls on this axiom alone. If they are incorrect about 607 being the destruction of Jerusalem, this means the math leading up to 1914 is incorrect, ergo the day of inspection of the Governing Body is also incorrect. Everything depends on that doctrine. The website gives great detail on this. Also there are resources available that show how you can use only the bible and the Insight books to prove the chronology of 598 being the correct date, USING THE WATCHTOWERS OWN LITERATURE!

If the truth is on your side, you can at least leave with dignity knowing you left on your terms, not theirs. Who knows, maybe you might have some witnesses in your congregation who are also questioning but out of fear do not speak up, you may be that voice for them.

Since I have left, I have had the privlege of helping a couple of witnesses from my old congregation leave. They had the courage to actually call me and ask what really happened and not listen to the gossip.

Anyways hope that helps.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I think your lucky. Because you got involved in the cult later in life, and have no family ties to the organization, this puts you at a Hugh advantage. i guess it's up to you weather you decide to make a statement about leaving or not. But you certainly have the upper hand over many of us. All the best mate.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Let me get this straight, you're a single 46 year old male and a JW for 6 years? If you're in good standing, they will get a "sister" to catch you once they know you're thinking about leaving. Marriage is one of their answers to everything for single people.

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

What's this nonsense about "trhe best way to leave"?

Just don't GO anymore.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

When you learn that you have been lied to and are in a destructive cult, the only option is to leave Doghouse. The problem is that this is a cult, which is why it is so difficult to leave. A religion that is not a cult wouldn't have a problem with you leaving if you longer believed. Only a cult would fix it so that your family and friends would be forced to shun you because you left.

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

You mean a cult - as in Catholic, Baptist, Lutheran Churches, etc?

• flipper
    flipper

JUSTME 67- I'm happy that you joined up to the site here. Please know that you are among friends who understand and have been through what you are going through. I'm sorry that you've had to see the ugly " truth about the alleged " truth " - but many of us come across this in various ways. Keep researching on the Internet to get access to more information. We will be here as a support to you in any way you need. Hang in there and take care of yourself

• bigmac
    bigmac

yes--simply dont go anymore--leave it behind and move on. no need to play by cult rules---its just a tiny sect in a huge sea of different religions. if you still need religion--find one thats easier to live with.

in the event you get someone round to check up on you--just say no thanks---end of.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Welcome to the group. I lost 50 years of my life to them, please do not repeat my mistake. SUNDAY....just sleep in...then do something FUN.

• GonzoX
    GonzoX

If you send a DA letter you are playing by there rules. If you feel you need to let them know. Give the letters to everyone in the KH except the Elders. This way people in the congregation will know why your leaving and you may be able to help others to leave as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit