The epitome of cognitive dissonance

by sir82 23 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

It is rare to get such a startling, sparkling, perfect example of this.

Here is a snippet of a conversion going on at JWtalk.net regarding Israel/Gaza:

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/16268-peace-security-news/

Every one who is in the world today and dies tomorrow is in line for a ressurection.This is their best way of being in the new world. They probably wouldn't get through the The GT. John 5:28,29
    We can pray for the kingdom and let our heart be at peace, since Jah will do all the rest.

I think the same way as you Lee, every person that dies in this system has a chance at a resurrection, that is the only thing that keeps me sane when I hear about all the disasters and deaths everyday - at least they will get resurrected! If someone lived to the end they would not. That's how I comfort myself every night after watching the news.

Think about this for a second....

The 2nd guy comforts himself thinking that "at least people who die now have a chance at a resurrection".....

While simultaneously praying for the event that will result in the extinction of 99.9% of humanity, without any "chance of resurrection".

He needs comfort when contemplating the death of a few hundred people now, but the thought of 7 billion human deaths "soon" fills him with glee....

It's beautiful, in a horrible sort of way. One so rarely sees anything so perfectly expressed as this example of cognitive dissonance.

• Clambake
    Clambake

Has anyone ever thought why try in this world , I will just be a better person in the new world ??

Do we all come back or not ???

Not really sure what they teach.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Heh. Not to mention that they are failing to consider why it is that dying today warrants a resurrection for someone who's not wicked, but if Armageddon comes tomorrow and that person is still alive, they have to be destroyed forever. What wrong could they do in that extra day before Armageddon that would deny them a second chance?

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Just EEWWW! How's that for a well thought out response. Guy No. 2 is a dolt. This is one of the top two reasons I couldn't remain a witless.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

There is no logic to any of their teachings. Zero. Zip. Nada.

Their attitudes about "armageddon" are so judgmental as to be wicked in and of themselves. Even the idea that any particular person has the right, much less the knowledge and wisdom, to discern even in a general way what type of person may survive and which might be murdered is BIZARRE.

No one teaches the jws to follow in the footsteps of Jesus anymore. For a group that presents itself as the foremost bible authority, that is just pitiful.

They are nothing but a giant pile of nonsense.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They are so ignorant. I know that I was ignorant too, but even as a born-in, I smelled a rat. Let these Watchtards continue to publish their illogical thoughts for the world to see. Their faith in the WTBTS's borrowed End Times dumbness will move them to expose the dogma far more than we ever could.

DD

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

This is what I don't understand, if all you had to do was die to get resurrected, then what was the purpose of Jesus dying?

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I've often thought it's even worse than that.

Why not just go around killing people and screaming "you can thank me later.....in Paradise" as they die.

Surely you would be 'saving' more people than going door to door, right?

Cognitive Dissonance doesn't even cover the bizarro world of JW's

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Wasn't that serial killer JW couple in Russia a few years ago claiming this kind of logic?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I've often thought it's even worse than that.

Why not just go around killing people and screaming "you can thank me later.....in Paradise" as they die.

"Truly I tell you today, you will be with me in Paradise! Notice the all-important placement of the comma in that sentence as I gun you down! *ratatatat*"

Wasn't that serial killer JW couple in Russia a few years ago claiming this kind of logic?

Huh?! I never heard about that. I do know that the Zodiac Killer claimed to be collecting slaves for himself in Paradise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit