I just loved "Moley" life in the new system thread but I have more to add.

by booker-t 7 Replies latest jw friends

• booker-t
    booker-t

Moley I just loved your thread on life in the new system but I was also wondering what will happen if old testament patriachs such as Noah, Abel, Moses and others decide they do not want to be JWs in the new system will they be destroyed by Jehovah and Jesus after all of their faithful service? I have always wondered about this because they are not guranteed everlasting life until they past the final test after the 1000 year reign of Jesus. What happens if Moses is angry with Jehovah after he is reserrected and cannot believe it took so long 4000 years for the great tribulation will he be wiped out instantly. Also, I was told by an elders a few years ago that Armaggeddon will be in the dark with no sun or moon and only JWs will be guided by light from Jehovah all others will stumble in the dark trying to escape destruction. How long will it be before Jehovah and Jesus puts to death any resurrected believers who question it all? I guess a good JWs will argue if they wake up after the great trib/Armaggeddon then that will be proof positive JWs were right and the churches were wrong.

• Clambake
    Clambake

I am kind of thinking it will be like Pro-Wrestling. Noah, David, Moses etc vs the Governing Body. I am guessing David will turn heel and join the Governing Body.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Ha, I never thought about the possibility of one of the "ancient worthies" not making it through the final test.

• St George of England
    St George of England

What about King David when they they tell him there is no more nooky for him?

For a guy who had multiple wives and concubines, plus Abishag to keep him warm on cold nights, that isn't going to go down well.

George

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Good questions, but the whole concept is kind of creepy. Here is a dilemma that I struggled with:

When a Baptist (or any other religion) is resurrected, will this person then conclude that their religious faith is what saved them? How will they then react when a post Armageddon JW knocks on their door and tells them that the only reason they are in paradise is that they were lucky enough to die before the Great Tribulation - and if they don't change their ways they will be destroyed.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The whole concept is so full of flaws...

Good thing it is just a fairy tale then!

• Giordano
    Giordano

Naw here's the real deal......Noah, Moses, David are resurrected. The GB is there to greet them........ they each have a name tag on their suit jacket, a small group is sing KH songs. They are given a talk by one of the GB extolling the heavy lifting the GB has done to make Jehovah's name known. This last bit produces a look of uncertainly as they turn to one another and mumble ....who's Jehovah.

A pray of thanks is offered by another GB which once again extols the GB.

Then finally a dismissive GB says "Brother's Noah, Moses and David follow me and we will set you up in Hazmat suits and provide the tools you will need to join in the worldwide work of Jehovah's people........raking up the bones of billions of people who perished at Armageddon".

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

After 1000 yrs of picking fruit and stroking a panda everyone will be glad to call it a day, including the patriarchs.

I seem to recall the armageddon in the dark being in an illustration. Might have been in the revelation book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit