Question for active believing witnesses.

by Brainfloss 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• a watcher
    a watcher

Brainfloss, the Bible is absolutely the only inspired word of God.

• Divergent
    Divergent

A watcher,

This is what I believed in. It is similar to what you mentioned -

As a JW, I NEVER believed that only less than 10 million people would be saved

People today are confused due to the fact that there are too many religions. Christianity itself has over 40,000 denominations! It is NOT the fault of people that they are confused. Therefore, it does NOT make sense to believe that everyone who is not a JW would be destroyed!

My reasoning was that after the downfall of false religion, it would be obvious to right hearted ones that JW's have the truth. After false religion is no more, it would narrow things down a lot and then the choice between serving Jehovah or Satan would not be difficult to make. Jehovah would make the truth more convincing to people at that time, as he is the God of love & mercy and does not desire for any to be destroyed. Subsequently, many more millions, or even billions, would be able to take sides with Jehovah and be saved

I always believed that this reasoning should be the correct one instead as it made more sense

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Those who refuse to be JWS?!?!? Why?? Because only JWS have " THE TRUTH"?!?! Care to prove that? A GOD who destroys anyone for refusing a poorly written magazine that neglects to reference sources and deliberately quote-mines, and is presented by a stammering yokel, doesn't deserve to be worshipped. What kind of a GOD allows such dishonest use of a false stylus ??

I won't hold my breath waiting for you to prove anything...

DD

• Aroq
    Aroq

"1-- Is the hope you have dependant upon being one of Jehovahs Witnesses?" -Brainfloss

"1--yes. Unless Jehovah tells me otherwise (unlikely)." - a watcher

conclusion:

"Is it your belief that salvation comes exclusively through association with Jehovah's Witnesses" - Brainfloss

Is this not putting the ORG in the place of Jesus?

Has no JW read Psalms 146:3?

" Do not trust in princes,

In mortal man, in whom

there is no salvation."

• a watcher
    a watcher

Just Kidding, you may be right. I don't know exactly when the 'door of the ark' will close. I only know that Jehovah will close it at just the right time.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Who else evangelizes to the extent that each and every JW does?

Lots of evangelicals, etc. some groups do it with charity instead of bothering people at home. Hell, the baptist church has almost as many missionaries as the JWs have members! Maybe they're god's org?

What do you think would happen if preaching were made less of a show? Take away pioneer designations, counting hours, etc. you'd see millions of JWs cut back, and millions more quit preaching altogether. Every cult pushes hard on recruitment. That's the only way they stay alive.

a watcher, how is it that god's organization is doing so much preaching, but barely any recruitment? Over half of born in children don't get baptized, and over 100,000 people LEAVE every year. How is this a sign of divine direction and blessing?

Please reply as I've never heard a decent answer to this.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Captain, some quick answers:

charity=rice Christians

Baptists=unscriptural doctrines: trinity, burning hell, immortality of the soul. Can't be God's org.

I agree with most of your second paragraph.

...barely any recruitment: not unprecedented, Noah.

...children don't get baptized, 100,000 people leave: Satan is sifting the JW's like wheat as he did the apostles. He sifted Judas out. He will sift some JW's out too.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

2 Timothy 3:16, 17..........they say this is the "Word of God".......then proceed to advertise billions of pages of literature and now their website.

Odd, isn't it?

Even odder is their constant quoting of Psalm 146:3............then turning around and claiming they should obey everything 7 men in Brooklyn say.....

A true study in cognitive dissonance and brainwashing.

A human tragedy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit