A peek in to future of transportation

by jgnat 20 Replies latest social current

• DJS
    DJS

No doubt the future will see that and more. We already are seeing 'intelligent' cars which take control of the brakes when the vehicle is approaching an object, and sensors which alert when another vehicle is in a blind spot, for example. Google and others are testing drverless cars.

The FBI and other security agencies will have a say in how this technology unfolds, both from cyber take over and from programming a vehicle, for example, to drive into a restricted area, loaded with explosives. Secured areas which now are designed to neutralize the driver of a threatening vehicle will have to change the design basis threat to stop the vehicle itself. A major task, likely not feasible by people. Once such technologies are employed, expect LOTS of manual and automatic vehicle barriers. Lots.

With this technology there will likely be more rules and regulations before it is employed than is typical (most technologies emerge and the laws follow).

Plus, what do people like me do? I have a need for speed and like low, fast cars. Will I have to become extinct!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit