Watchtower Memorial Day makes local UK newspaper

by TableForOne 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

This was also posted on Facebook. Stories like this are important and perhaps may embarrass the organization sufficiently to change - yea probably not...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

NewYork44M - "Stories like this are important and perhaps may embarrass the organization sufficiently to change - yea probably not..."

Oh, it will, but for the worse.

The WTS is at the point in a high-control group's life cycle that virtually any outside pressure to reform is met with further entrenchment and increasingly hard-line policies.

• Zoos
    Zoos

NewYork44M: Stories like this... may embarrass the organization sufficiently to change

Vidiot: ...any outside pressure to reform is met with further entrenchment and increasingly hard-line policies.

I realize there is a fine line in approach here, but NewYork44M is referring to change in response to an embarrassing situation as opposed to (what I perceive to be) Vidiot's position of direct, outside pressure for policy change. Any effort to directly confront the WTS to force policy change will absolutely fail. The GB is too haughty to bow before anyone.

However, they have certainly proven they are aware of the extensive reach of the internet and proactive in their efforts to develop a good reputation amongst the common folk. Like any business, corporate image is everything to them. While stories like this one might take a long time to wear them down - if they ever work at all - I don't think it is unreasonable to hope that public embarrassment piled on top of public embarrassment might someday illicit a change for the sake of public image.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit