"the Walking Dead" special tract campaign in August!

by stuckinarut2 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I obviously have an active imagination...

I can just see the parallels between "the Walking Dead" and the masses of witnesses hyped up during the August campaign!

Big crowds of SLOW walking witnesses with no logical brain function, moving en-mass towards non-witnesses....with only one combined thought "MUST LEAVE TRACT".....as they mumble to each other......dragging feet......like zombies....

When one person in the community accepts a tract, they are then the target of EVERY WITNESS who smells their 'interest' and is swamped with more and more visits...Big crowds pile on top of them, stripping away at their very individuality and being....until they become ONE OF THEM!

• Magnum
    Magnum

Good grief! I could see it my mind as you were describing it.

• happy@last
    happy@last

I thought Woodsbury was more like JWs, a false happiness and a Governer that'll kill you if you leave.

• watson
    watson

I'm loving he new creative juice I'm seeing on JWN.

LOL.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
  • Zoos
    Zoos

The screaming in horror and ultimate blood loss will be about the same.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Nothing new..they are the borg after all. Spiritual zombie magazine and tract salespersons.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I have always loved the Borg comparison!

In fact when I was in Bethel, The Next Generation of Star Trek was running and it was our lifeline to escapism...!

In fact amongst those who regularly got together each week to watch the latest episodes, we always spoke of Bethel and the "truth" as being like a Star Trek / Borg analogy!

Recently though, I have seen the "brain-deadness" and monotony of general witnesses as being more like thoughtless, disorganised zombies rather than an organised, controlled Borg collective... (at least there is some intelligence behind the Borg)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I have revived this thread because I hear that "we will be blessed" with another TRACT campaign soon!

Anyone else heard about this?? 

• JWCart1975
    JWCart1975
    I should not have read this, I could get smelted in to scrap now! or worse!  They might drive over me in their four-door car or allow Sister Ostrich neck to lean on my unbent side.  Most of my attendants are in a zombie like state, the majority are texting their friends instead of paying attention to possible recruits, publishers passing by.  I feel so alone, I wonder if I could have been made to hold Scientific America or Discover Magazine instead of being a JWCart, maybe it's not too late to become a Science Magazine Cart, so many regrets after one year in Service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit