HAS ANYONE SEEN.......

by DATA-DOG 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Magnum
    Magnum

James Jackson: announced at meeting: "we are happy to say all the Elders and their wives have signed up"

Yeah, they signed up because of peer pressure and they didn't want to be the only one who wasn't pioneering. A lot of the stuff in the org is done because of peer pressure, pride, desire for glory, reputation, etc. It's not done for the right reason(s).

DATA-DOG: Basically someone made up a flyer to pass out to ALL members of the congo, encouraging them to meet the 30 hour quota in the " Greatest Campaign Ever"

JWs are so corny and gullible. Why would advertising a website be the "Greatest Campaign Ever"? They put more emphasis on their idol website than they do their god, Jehovah.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Data, if you're talking about a tall, narrow piece of paper, I got one too here in California.

"As a valued member of the ______ _____ Congregation you are invited to share in what will be the greatest witnessing month ever!"

I've never seen anything quite like this before.

I'm not going to put in more hours than usual. I go out in service more for the association than the evangelizing.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

Calls to pioneer are usually local (not always) and usually somewhat random although sometimes it revolves round some event like the Memorial. Just think of it as the JW's spiritually inept version of a "Going out of Business" mattress sale.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Every pioneer month is the pioneer month to end all pioneer months.

Because if the end of the world as we know is coming, the most important thing is being able to brag later about pioneering.

Real story you can tell the grandkids

"Remember the year the world ended kiddies? well grampa/nana and I put 30/50 hours in that month"

"really grampa? did you get to see the people that didn't pioneer destoyed?"

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

im sure ill hear it from my 73 yr old mother who will sign up despite the fact that she should be trying to get thier house sold before my father falls down the steps and dies. oh, thats right husbands arent as important as the org.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

A Watcher, it's totally like what you described.

DD

• StAnn
    StAnn

Back in the day when I auxiliary pioneered, I had to get in 60 hours. It was hard, I was working too. I'm so grateful that I'm no longer in. As a Catholic, our recent push was to give to the annual drive for monies to help the poor. Our archdiocese raised $5.1 million. This goes to soup kitchens, food pantries, assistance getting jobs, assistance getting a GED, stuff like that. It also funds thrift stores. I'd rather give my money to charity than give my money to putting gasoline in my tank so I can sucker somebody into joining a cult.

StAnn

• monis1
    monis1

DD, maybe you and a watcher are in the same congregation ;)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Good Point monis1!!

You never know if they are in the same cong....hehe

• Stormcrow
    Stormcrow

Hey StAnn, do you remember the scene in Jaws where they were comparing their scars?.....Well...does anyone else remember, back in the 70s, a KM item, encouraging baptized teenagers to regular pioneer while still at school? This was in the days when RPs did 100 hours per month. The item said that a child could do 3hrs per week day plus 5 hours on both Sat+Sun.

I was 14 in 1972 and of course Armageddon was just around the corner. I was made to get baptized and then I was made to RP. I had 2 hrs homework per day but if I was caught doing it, my schoolbooks ( written by the devil of course) were thrown in the bin, I was beaten + sent out on the work. My female parent wanted to have the first RP child in Britain. I kept it up for a couple of months and then cracked. After that I falsified my report forms + took it for granted that Jehovah was going to kill me when I was 17. It feels amazing to get that off my chest now!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit