Have you reconnected with ex-JW's after you have left the Borg?

by EdenOne 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Dismissing servant
  • losingit
    losingit

I have reconnected with three-- two were df'd and one faded. We haven't met up in person but we keep in contact thru text and fb. The one that faded is still very much mentally in. I don't understand it. The other two see the problems with the org and articulate them on their own very well with no prodding but i don't believe they're fully awake to TTATT. I tried to introduce a more in depth analysis to one but she resisted by saying I had apostate leanings, even tho all I was doing was supporting her stand. Go figure. The other is a busy college girl with goals and friends. She's great! I think she's just too busy with all of the wonderful doors opening up right now to care about the TTATT in any in depth way. Which is great! I love her very much and wish her much success. I'm here to support her always and to push her to excellence. :-)

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

I have kept in touch with a friend I was very close to. When she travels to my area she contacts me to have drinks or dinner. She knows I am out completely, and I think she is only in cause she has no big reason to leave. I dont think she takes the religion seriously.

We dont talk about the religion when we get together. We were/are genuine friends. We talk about family, jobs, and life.

• minimus
    minimus

I've done little reconnecting. I don't feel like I need to.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Minimus:

I tend to agree with you except if it is somebody you were good friends with way back when, you might want to reconnect...

However, if the person was not a real good friend and you had nothing in common except the religion, you just might find yourself disappointed.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I don't live anywhere close to where I grew up.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

I've attempted to reconnect with several df'd ones on FB, particularly those who were df'd as teens and remained out. Haven't been able to be too open about things as I'm a non-attending, inactive for 3-years fader.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit