Hypocrisy of a paragraph in the "Draw Close to Jehovah" book!

by stuckinarut2 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

"Draw close to Jehovah" book. Page 106, Para 20:

“20 Does serving whole-souled mean that we must all spend the same amount of time and energy in the ministry? That could hardly be possible, for circumstances and abilities differ from one person to another. For example, a young person with good health and physical stamina may be able to spend more time in preaching than can one whose strength is sapped by advancing age. A single person who is free from family obligations may be able to do more than can one who has to care for a family. If we have the strength and circumstances that enable us to do much in the ministry, how thankful we should be! Of course, we would never want to have a critical spirit, comparing ourselves with others in this regard. (Romans 14:10-12) Rather, we want to use our power to encourage others.”

Bold Italics added by me.....

When this was discussed in the cong book study, the audience flowed with answers summarising and applying the points in this paragraph.

Mainly, comments were being made about how loving Jehovah and the GB is, and how we are never expected to fulfil a quota in the ministry, or we are never judged by others for the amount of time spent in the service...etc.... All our circumstances are different etc....

But COME ON! We all know the reality of the situation is SO MUCH different! If you don't spend as much time, or engage in different aspects of the ministry, we are INDEED judged by the cong members, elders etc......

We are judged according to whether we measure up to the EXPECTATIONS of the society!

The hypocrisy makes my brain hurt....

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I agree and this is even more the case for August. I am getting so much pressure from other appointed men to "set an example" in August. This JW.Org tract is of vital importance. Ourselves and our families must set the proper example to the flock, the society wants August to be a "historical month"

• KateWild
    KateWild

The hypocrisy makes my brain hurt....-Stuck

This is called congnitive dissonance. CD causes severe headaches and depression. I am attending meetings again but not suffereing CD. The hypocrisy just makes me laugh as I observe different ones follow the direction blindly and others just disobey everything and try and cover it over.

If your brain is hurting you need to protect it.

Kate xx

• BU2B
    BU2B

How do you avoid the stress from attending Katewild? Any tips?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Screw their historical month.

• KateWild
    KateWild

How do you avoid the stress from attending Katewild? Any tips?- BU2B

I know it's just short term, plus I text guys from dating sites during the meeting. Prepare well before I go, so I can vent on here if needed. Just laugh at the whole farce in my head. Kate xx

• sir82
    sir82

Of course comparisons & judgements are made based on field service hours! DUH!

The single most important, by far, far, FAR, in appointing someone as a ministerial servant or elder is "field service hours". Only AFTER judging & comparing someone's activity compared to others is the remote lip service to "scriptural requirements" even considered.

• bafh
    bafh

Why did you go back KateWild? I'm considering it. I went to a session of the convention. Wasn't horrible, but there is so much that bothers my conscience.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

once out who would want t ogo back under the control of an organization who teaches falsehoods?

I mean unless your truly happy and can get away with doing what you wish, then hey whatever.

sort of boring and repetitive though, nothing nothing nothing new! maybe if your a jw and have a huge social life you might be ok

• tidalblitz
    tidalblitz

@KateWild your comment about headaches and depression are on point. Before every meeting, I always have some sort of headache or nausea. Then I would get depressed when I see my wife getting herself and the children ready. While at the meeting, I'm hardly ever paying attention as I'm mostly up and about with my little one. The few times that I get to pay attention, I get to hear all the bullshit spewing forth from everyone.

I've managed to stop going out in FS. I don't really care if I get judged. If someone says anything, I'll just shove Matthew 7:1,2 in their face.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit