back for more

by backformore 14 Replies latest jw friends

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Welcome back!

Enjoy your life. Hopefully one day they will see the light.

Congratulations on your accomplishments!

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Welcome back

• backformore
    backformore

Oh, trust me everyone, I know full well how much a cult it is. I know the cult mindset and have actually taken multiple college level psych classes to better understand it. That being said, however, there is more than just knowing about it. My wife had cancer a few years ago. Especially as a nurse, I understand the processes and causes of it just fine. What bothered me so was watching someone I love suffer through it.

even though I paid a price for it, I recognize what that cult for what it is and was able to leave it behind. I just hate it so much when I see someone who is my family suffering because of it when, if they could just wake up, they could leave it all behind too. I know they won't. Really, I do And I understand why as well. Unfortunately for me, that doesn't make it any easier to watch them waste their lives and that is my problem.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

As Searcher said:

Don't try and turn loved one's heads with a baseball bat - use a feather duster.

I was in a state of shock when I discovered for MYSELF the lies about Memorial partakers. If someone else had HIT me with that info, I would have closed my mind and ears immediately!

There's another recent post (which I would search for now but need to leave for work, sorry) in which the poster explains how he shared with a dear friend that he LOVES the jws, yet he has real trouble with the doctrines about blood (wt changed stance after many died), the un thing (big lie), etc etc.

The dear friend was able to take it all in because it was Non-emotional.

In that sense, and knowing that we all share your feelings about lives wasted...my advice is to "script" an approach that refrains from bashing yet reveals ttatt gently. Use the Feather Duster...more flies with Honey and all that.

Best wishes and welcome back!

• Freedom77
    Freedom77

Zeb: As a nurse you will see even more so people who have abused their health or ignored it and you think that these folk are oxygen thieves.

That's the most pompous, hateful, self-righteous thing I've heard in a long time. Especially coming from someone who has the effrontery to turn around and quote Jesus in the next sentence. Real JW/GB twisted & judgmental thinking there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit