back for more

by backformore 14 Replies latest jw friends

• backformore
    backformore

As the name says, I'm back for more. I used to be fairly active on here but have been away for years and am back for more.

First, a bit about me. I'm a 36 year old man. I was born into the JW's. I never got baptized but that doesn't mean I wasn't super active back when I was in school. One thing led to another with my family and I left when I was 20 when I got married to a non-JW. I thought they were probably right but had just had enough of their crap that I didn't care anymore. A year or two later my wife got pregnant and I wanted to raise my son right so I started to move past that for his sake. What ended up happening was I finally figured what a load of crap all the JW stuff was. In a nutshell, I went out of my congregation in a glorius ball of flames and haven't looked back. Seriouslly, it was awesome and I have no regrets about it. I moved on and built a pretty good life for a while there. Then, as life often does, everything fell apart. I got diagnosed with kidney failure, celiac disease, got in a car wreck that broke my leg, got laid off from a pretty darn good job, and my wife got cancer (er she's all better and just fine now) all within the period of less than a year. Since then, I totally dropped my old career (even with various places offering larger and larger sums of cash to come work for them), went back to school, and just finished my nursing degree last week. An interesting life that I have no regrets of when you look back at it, even if it has been only 36 years.s

So what brought me back here? The need to vent some. I'm out of the "truth." So far out of it that it's not even funny and I'm never going back. My family joined back in the 40's. My dad heard how he would never get to see the end of elementary school before the new world came. Now, his grandchildren are past that age and "the end" is no closer than it was all those years ago. I've been trying to reconnect with various family members (mainly my sister, my nephew who I was like a dad to when he was a baby, and a cousin I was always so close to and loved dearly). Its part of the joy of Facebook that I was able to reconnect with these people. Putting it lightly, these reconnections have not gone well. How the @#$* do you talk to people that put stuff up about how the new world is so close when their entire lives have been wasted waiting for the same things that their parents have been waiting for but haven't seeen? How do you deal with someone you've loved your entire life that looks down on you because you've spent years learning how to care for the ill instead of wasting your time cleaning the bathrooms of stadiums where the people who think the same way will poop for a few days?

For that matter, it isn't even the fact that the people I care so much look down on me because I couldn't buy into the lie anymore. The thing that really bothers me is the fact that they still base their lives on such utter and complete BS. They can hate me for whatever reasons they want. As much as it may suck, I can deal with that. The part that really bothers me is watching them waste their precious and wonderful lives the same way I did as did our parents and even grandparents. I watch them pay the price that generations before have paid. It is a very steep price that takes a large piece of their beautiful lives that has already robbed so much from so many others and yet they are so blind to it all. I hate that more than I will ever be able to express.

At the same time, however, that's why I'm back for more. If there is ever a group of popele that can relate to what I am feeling, it is you all. I need to have a group of people that understand what it is I am saying. You can explain it to people who have never been a part of it but it will never be the same as talking to people that have experienced such things first hand.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

it's a cult, they are in it and you are not.

Read about cult mind control and you can begin to understand the grip it has on them and ways to look past their cult personalities and spot the real person still in there sometimes.

Combatting cult mind control by steve hassan is eye opening or else look stuff up on the net about the BITE model of cults.

• zeb
    zeb

Its battering your head against a wall. As a nurse you will see even more so people who have abused their health or ignored it and you think that these folk are oxygen thieves.

There is somethingthat Jesus said; "Cast not your pearls unto swine, or they will trample them under foot and then turn and rend thee."

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Cautious as a serpent, innocent as a dove!

Don't try and turn loved one's heads with a baseball bat - use a feather duster.

I was in a state of shock when I discovered for MYSELF the lies about Memorial partakers. If someone else had HIT me with that info, I would have closed my mind and ears immediately!

Take care with those whom you care about.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Welcome back dude. Stunning first post. Well done for escaping intact, vent all you like here, we're with you Bro..

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Welcome to the board!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Welcome.

Be thankful you woke up at an early age!

Doc

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome, it really is hard seeing people wasting their precious time

• KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome back...thanks for your experience. I understand fully about wanting loved ones to wake up and stop wasting their lives. Kate xx

• outforever
    outforever

Yes what a waste of a good life they can have: that they waste their time in going to all the meetings: waste that they turn against their own flesh and blood - but at this stage of my life I feel nothing for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit