Harrass them before they harrass you

by SonoftheTrinity 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

Why don't dfs who really know how evil Jehovah's Witnesses are just harrass them as they go door knocking so that when someone intervenes to defend them they get a balanced story about what the Jehovah's Witnesses are all about. The ones that were raised in it were raised to be anti-intellectual wusses, they aren't going to win a debate or kick anyone's ass. But they certainly deserve philosophical and rhetorical smackdowns, they deserve haters standing in their way as they go harrassing everybody in the neighborhood. Why not just say I'm following you guys so that wherever you go I am going to debate you and denounce you and show everyone how stupid your religion is.

• cofty
    cofty

Because life is too short.

• Perry
    Perry

Jehovah's witnesses are not evil, just deceived. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

6I think you could get arrested. The Internet makes following them unnecessary. I am shocked at how little people know about the Witnesses. I try to educate in a low-key manner. Armageddon is shocking to most people. Shunning also makes people think that perhaps they are more complicated than meets the eye. I also relate how I was waiting to go to court to finish high school. If people knew, they would not be so welcome. Read JW.org and decide if it describes the doctrines you were taught at the KH.

• losingit
    losingit

Aint nobody got time for that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFEoMO0pc7k

• This is my tigersuit
    This is my tigersuit

well said perry! jw's are good people and they dont deserve to be made to look like asses. they are under mind control. they have feelings too! so dont say "jehovahs witnesses are evil" please. the leadership is evil.

• Mum
    Mum

It's probably a good way to get charged with stalking and sometimes serious legal consequences. Plus what everybody else said.

• tornapart
    tornapart

I would just suggest to get a life.

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

^^^ +1,000 to all the reasons above ^^^

Plus it'll only feed the JW persecution complex as well as possibly reinforce their abhorrent "apostates are mentally diseased" belief system (w11 7/15 pp. 15-19 - "Will You Heed Jehovah's Clear Warnings?").

Edited to add:

How can we protect ourselves against false teachers? The Bible’s counsel regarding how to deal with them is clear. ( Read Romans 16:17; 2 John 9-11 . ) “Avoid them,” says God’s Word. Other translations render that phrase “turn away from them,” “keep away from them,” and “stay away from them!” There is nothing ambiguous about that inspired counsel. Suppose that a doctor told you to avoid contact with someone who is infected with a contagious, deadly disease. You would know what the doctor means, and you would strictly heed his warning. Well, apostates are “mentally diseased,” and they seek to infect others with their disloyal teachings. ( 1 Tim. 6:3, 4 ) Jehovah, the Great Physician, tells us to avoid contact with them. We know what he means, but are we determined to heed his warning in all respects?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It woud only pay into to mindset that witnesses have about "persecution".

They would be strengthend in their resolve that they have the truth, and that all "non beleivers and apostates are evil!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit