• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

the dreaded phrase I will never miss!!!

some of the ones I had to hear ,

we cant go over grandmas... till after the meeting

we cant go to the zoo...till after the meeting

we cant go camping till after the meeting

we cant eat till after the meeting

we cant visit grandma in the hospital till after the meeting [she could be dead]

we cant go to the lake till after the meeting

hey, cant have that baby till after the meeting!

cant look for your lost dog, till after the meeting

cant wipe your a@@ till after the meeting

hey, you cant die till after the meeting

care to add any you couldnt believe you heard?

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Hello, sowhatnow!

i know what you mean, lol!

There was a short few weeks when my husband and i were assigned to an afternoon meeting. It made my life easier for awhile, because I could get up and get to the store, put the supper in the crockpot, do some chores, get ready and go to the (Sunday) meeting.

After the meeting we would walk into a clean house and eat a relaxed supper. It was nice!

So of course a few friends griped that they hated the afternoon meeting because it ruined the whole day - by the time the meeting was over it was too late to go anywhere. I told them how we were enjoying Sundays so much more with the late meeting; they'd look at me so disgusted.

In no time at all the meeting was changed around to where we were in the mornings again.

Marina

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Your view is interesting, to me it seemed like the early Sunday meeting was better since it was out of the way and you had all afternoon to enjoy the rest of your Sunday, instead of Sunday being cut in half, like go out and knock on doors in the morning, but when you go back home you got to get back out again for the meeting.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

When I was about eight or nine I let out a massive fart during the Meeting, a couple of my mates nearby started the mantra "Its not funny, its not funny" in case an escaping snigger got them the blame for the explosion.

After the Meeting they told me I should have kept it in till after. How do you hold one of those really explosive ones in ?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

this was how it was when i lived with my parents when i left home if i needed a pint i went to the pub.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Hey sowhatnow welcome to JWN....funny thread. Kate xx

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Phizzy, is that where your nickname came from?

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

i guess that's what made them mad, @Shirley; we weren't going fs Sunday mornings. Instead used the time for our own convenience, to make things run more smoothly at home.

Marina

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Don't talk about anything non spiritual (wt speak)

sports

work

school

etc

till after the meeting...

as if it matters when you speak of these things!

• losingit
    losingit

I hated the early morning meeting. I liked the noon or 1 pm meeting . I love to sleep in and have a good breakfast, 1pm slotlet me do that.

But yeahhhhh there was never time for anything because of the meetings. I just wanted to live and enjoy life! It wasalways the freaking meeting!!!

Ugh I hated being a JW. What a pointless waste of time--@#%@!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit