Kingdom Hall not a Safe Place for Children

by Jeannette 10 Replies latest social family

• JT speaks-out
    JT speaks-out

Even Jesus never attended the temple until he was twelve years old, and he didn't get baptised until he was thirty.

Children should not be forced to be a part of religion before they can make an informed decision.

"Witness My Fury: I wish there were laws to prevent children being indoctrinated into cults."

I totally agree. I don't know how anyone would go about fighting for such a law though.

Eva luna, I too heard all kinds of sex related stuff at the meetings that I'd never heard of anywhere else, but I had no way of finding out what any of it meant, so it didn't really mean anything to me. I remember my mother studying one of the youth books with me. It was one of the older books I think, and it had a chapter about masturbation. So, long story short, I was told I wasn't allowed to masturbate, but my mother didn't seem to know how to explain what it was.

Band on the Run, I think you could probably get a lot more than a thousand votes. Not from jws who are still in though, coz they're not allowed to vote on anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit