Kingdom Hall not a Safe Place for Children

by Jeannette 10 Replies latest social family

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Besides having to sit through endless boring meetings during the evenings when they should be in bed getting their necessary rest for school the next day, they are falling asleep in the chairs with their little heads falling over. Did you ever see them like that? Then all their fun is taken away by such a strict religion and a desert god which makes them grow up with no self esteem whatsoever. They tell them they're all sinners from the womb up and only a rod will remove it. And, not to mention the pedos in the hall.

• JT speaks-out
    JT speaks-out

"Jeannette: ... they are falling asleep in the chairs with their little heads falling over."

I was always getting hit or painfully jabbed in the ribs with an elbow or a book whenever I fell asleep, which was probably every meeting.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I remember my son fell asleep on the way home in the car at an evening meeting, he was five. I woke him up, carried him in the house and told him to go to the bathroom before going to bed. He was so tired and still half asleep, so he peed in the bathtub instead of the toilet.

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

It's not a safe place to bring our kids, not only do Meetings kill their ability to think, we begin the slow process of indocrtrinating the with fear and guilt. Did you apologize to your kids for wasting their time, having to sit through blow-hard COs as they pontificated their personal "likes and dislikes", I remember one Elder getting slammed in the backroom because the CO said his four and six year old were not paying enough attention! How are kids suppose to understand concepts JW lay people cant? Try getting a young kid to recite the "Over-lapping Generation" doctrine, good luck at that!

What about the Pedophiles, Sex Offenders Witnesses are not allowed to talk about because we might hurt their feelings? The Watchtower is quickly becoming irrelevant and offers nothing but "busy work", "theocratic wheel-spinning" and "running in place" progress.

• nugget
    nugget

The publications designed for children gradually rob them of their self esteeem and individuality telling them that pride in their achievements is boasting and that they should always trust the elders. The lessons from the Bibile are designed to draw a wedge between themselves and their peers and isolate them from anyone outside the faith. This causes them to grow up emotionally stunted and conditioned to accept this religion as the absolute authority in their lives.

The topics discussed at the meeting are sometimes totally inappropriate and the society has made it clear that they take no responsibility for their welfare.

Meetings are not a healthy place for anyone let alone impressionable minors.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

nugget

well said

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Yep I agree and it's very sad. I wish there were laws to prevent children being indoctrinated into cults.

• eva luna
    eva luna

very true Jeanette,

and to add to nuggets comments about the adult topics.

My family wouldnt let me take sex ed in school.

I thought I was dying when I started my period in 6th grade.

Ironic; I learned more at the hall about sex, ( espically all the naughty/fun stuff and at a to early age. But no prctical information at the right time.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Part of me would like to allow children of a certain age to choose whether they will attend religious services. Attending meetings was child abuse. I believe a teenager could choose under certain circumstances. My parents had no right to decide whether or not I would attend college. A bunch of prudes ruled yet almost weekly a classmate was kicked out for sexual conduct. It was an epidemic. I figure I could get about one thousand votes.

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

As a father of young children I was often appalled at the topics discussed at the meetings that were far too sexually explicit or violent for small children to be hearing.

As the father of a young daughter, I became increasingly concerned about her being indoctrinated into the mindset that she was a second class citizen as a female and that she must relinquish her own brain (That her mother and I have worked so hard on developing and instilling wonder, brilliance, independence into.) over to various groups of men to make her decisions for her and then eventually marry a man that thinks he can do the same thing. We are traditional in how we see our roles as husband and wife and we believe there are natural positions that healthy and socially normal people flow into. But I certainly do not want my daughter learning the WTBT$ version of "headship" and a "woman's place". F YOU!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit