New Article in JW.ORG "Should Christians Drink Tea?"

by EdenOne 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• apostrate
    apostrate

Kinda reminds me of the Society's stance regarding cats.

http://www.jwfiles.com/wt_ex_jw_corner/cats.htm

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

JT speaks-out - "I thought this article was real because it's so batshit crazy."

"Poe's Law" at its very best.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

LOOSE tea - hmmm.....

Loose morals, BRAZEN indulgence in addictive substances, Can a christian be DF for BRAZEN consumption of tea or coffee??

It's all - great word with no equivalent - SHITE.

HB

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

I totally bought that till halfway down, haha. Great piece. Like something from Jehovah's Bugle.

I think my aunty at one point did give up tea and coffee cos they were drugs and therefore defiling. As if being a JW isn't hard enough without making up new proscriptions for yourself.

• undercover witness
    undercover witness

You know you've just accidentally described Mormonism, don't you?  I like to think of myself as Christian in ethic, ie, do to others, etc, but I do have to take time out for a cuppa every now and then.  Oh, the tutting of the Mormons and the hiding of the tea cups.

Eden - can I ask you a quick question?  Have some JWs somewhere along the line gone and got up your nose?

Gotta say you've done a very good job of demonstrating your point of view.  It's hilarious. 

Would chat longer but the kettle's on.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I just saw this and while I suspected parody from a quick scan, I also know that the WT will, if inclined, find a reason to make a stupid rule and impose it on JWs. 

Makes me thirsty, I'm getting a cuppa! Anyone want to join me?

• EdenOne
    EdenOne
    *passes the sugar*
  • jwleaks
    jwleaks
    Did Jesus drink tea? NO.

Do pagans, apostates, devil worshippers, and the anti-Christ drink tea? YES.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

I LOVE tea!  This is one of my faves:

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Uh oh, I see a connection with Ayurveda. See? See? Magic! Demons! Evil!

;)

Eden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit